Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
25,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the search function suck so bad? Can't find anything, even by member name.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Why does the search function suck so bad? Can't find anything, even by member name.
It seems to work fine here.
A search for Keyword(s) "search function" User Name "daveo430" finds three threads, two of them from today.:?

·
Administrator
25,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to work fine here.
A search for Keyword(s) "search function" User Name "daveo430" finds three threads, two of them from today.:?
Only 3 threads, that seems to suck to me since I have replied in several today, and quite a few before today.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,236 Posts
If you want to find something relative to a user, you should be clicking on the User's name in a post.

Then choose View Public Profile,
now choose STATISTICS

once there, you can choose all the threads a user has made, DaveO430=247 threads
or you can choose to see all the posts that user made. Only 500 at a time shown.

The general search feature looks inside the posts, not the usernames.

a big difference in how a search is conducted.

Also, the general search feature is best used with a minimum amount of words.
If you include many words, you will narrow the search to only posts that contain ALL of those words.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Only 3 threads, that seems to suck to me since I have replied in several today, and quite a few before today.
That search was for both Keywords "search" and "function".
If I only search with the keyword "search" and User Name "daveo430" I get 69 threads.
If I search with only the keyword "search" and User Name "dave" I get 127 threads.
If I search with only the keyword "search" and no User Name I get 500 threads.

All keywords must be found in a thread and if you specified a User s/he must have posted in that thread.

As I said the search function is working as expected.

·
Administrator
25,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to find something relative to a user, you should be clicking on the User's name in a post.

Then choose View Public Profile,
now choose STATISTICS

once there, you can choose all the threads a user has made, DaveO430=247 threads
or you can choose to see all the posts that user made. Only 500 at a time shown.

The general search feature looks inside the posts, not the usernames.

a big difference in how a search is conducted.

Also, the general search feature is best used with a minimum amount of words.
If you include many words, you will narrow the search to only posts that contain ALL of those words.
Yes, I knew that John on the user name, it's the general search I have problems with. Even if I know exact wording it more often than not comes up with nothing.

·
Administrator
25,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That search was for both Keywords "search" and "function".
If I only search with the keyword "search" and User Name "daveo430" I get 69 threads.
If I search with only the keyword "search" and User Name "dave" I get 127 threads.
If I search with only the keyword "search" and no User Name I get 500 threads.

All keywords must be found in a thread and if you specified a User s/he must have posted in that thread.

As I said the search function is working as expected.
So what are you trying to prove Ken? You follow me around like a grade school tattle tale looking for little Johnny to do something bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.