Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for a seat cover for my GL 1100. For day to day riding the factory seat is just fine. However, last spring on a ride from Tennessee to South Carolina my inner thighs were very sore... I mean very sore. I was wondering if anyone knows a good seat cover that would provide comfort for long rides, or any other suggestions. Thanks in advance for any help.

T. Scott

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

On long rides if you don't work up by several weeks of longer day rides, 100 + miles, then you will feel sore getting on and doing a long day in the saddle. Through on a sheepskin over your seat. Works great. If your foam is original, might be time for new foam as it breaks down this old, rebuild it or by a new seat. Buying one off a used bike unless you know it's less than 5 years old, you take your chance. Just replacing the outer cover might not be the answer.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

Another temporary fix was used by my wife for a 90 minute ride home from the lake last summer. . .She folded her towel a couple times over and put it on her seat. It kept her legs from sticking to the seat. She can be pretty cleaver sometimes. . .
:kissing:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I never thought the OEM seat was comfortable especially for long rides. On the '82, it was changed after the first 200 mile trip and the '04 was changed after we rode it home from Georgia. As NewDay says, a sheepskin will go along way to help over a vinyl seat but if the shape is not a good fit, you will still experience problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.