Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy again all!! Want to thank ya for the tire information....(don't tell redwing, considering the bridgestones...shhh....).

I purchased my 99 had 12,000 miles and have since noticed the stock seat I believe has been.... shall we say.... worn in... foam seams to be not as firm. I have looked at prices on new custom seats :shock:, and of course there are a gazillion (maybe not that many) different choices. I also have been contemplating sheepskin seat cover.

Anyone have some experience with cover vs. seat. Aside from the obvious price difference.

Thank ya all, and love the site!!!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Take a gander at what a Good local car upholstery guy can do, as well, and factor that into your  cost comparisons... Depending on where you live, and  how "hungry " they are in the dead of winter ...  Many of them can do a great job with snowmobile black  leatherette, and many are very skilled with the fancy stitching, and the re foaming process................. I had my SilverWing Seat pan re-built by a local , many years ago ... for about 1/10th of  a corbin... and it looked fabulous!!                                                                                      Sheepskins are a great idea , if your basic seat is reasonably comfy ... (sounds like yours is not/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif )  ....warm in winter, cool in summer...  add hundreds of miles to your day when the butt gets tired, come in colours to "Match" your bike ../forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif and can range from hundreds  of dollars $$$ (fitted ... Alaska sheep skin Co.   /forums/images/emoticons/confused.gif                    http://www.alaskaleather.com/index.html                   ) down to merely tens of $$... I got mine at a supply house that sells Medical skins for babies, and wheelchair bound folk ... about $25 for a nice wide Front, and $20 for a narrower rear... so shop around.............../forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif SilverDave  /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Depending on your model, you can get a Corbin seat relatively cheap. I got a nice leather custom seat made at the Corbin plant while I waited for $220. They even fed me lunch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey SilverDave, Thanks for the thought!!:clapper:I don't know why I didn't think of that :baffled:, but it sounds like an excellent way to get a little more comfort with alot less expense, and ya gotta love that!! :jumper:Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.