Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

what are some options for seat covers. both my 1200 and 1500 are beginning to wear. aftermarket seat would be great,but i can't handle the cost of two custom seats.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
imported post

I've seen covers in J.C. Whitney but for a limited number of bikes. Get on the web and search. Lots of independent upholstery shops do good work for reasonable prices. Call a couple of local bike shops too. They often have a source.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

Try saddlemen.com. These are the same seats and covers from JC Whitney but gives you more options. I ordered the complete seat with built-in backrest a year ago and they are making me the trunk backrest and passenger armrests right now to match my seat. Lots of seats and opinions out there.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
imported post

I got a seat cover on ebay for my 1970 CB750. Hand made in Canada I believe. Much better made than stock. I think they make them for most bikes.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
imported post

Fritz_The_Cat wrote:
Sprdtyf350 wrote:
I have heard good things about this place.

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.net/index.htm
They don't list the Goldwing at all. :(
Sure they do.. I just looked at them. Did you look at Honda? And then go through the list?

I see them for my 83 1100, for the 1200, but maybe not the 1500. They have a number you can call if you don't see yours

Don't see your model listed?
Call us at 817-280-9370
Your stock seat cover can
most likely be replaced.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,326 Posts
imported post

Sprdtyf350 wrote:
Fritz_The_Cat wrote:
Sprdtyf350 wrote:
I have heard good things about this place.

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.net/index.htm
They don't list the Goldwing at all. :(
Sure they do.. I just looked at them. Did you look at Honda? And then go through the list?

I see them for my 83 1100, for the 1200, but maybe not the 1500. They have a number you can call if you don't see yours

Don't see your model listed?
Call us at 817-280-9370
Your stock seat cover can
most likely be replaced.
I don't see anything for the '87GL either. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

its was hard to believe that these pads would improve my seat,which was a corbin at that,but after finding them at wal-mart and putting out $20 for one it makes me kinda sick cause i spent over $500 for seat and the backrests

i.m am sure they will do what u need until you can afford to buy a new seat

used them on a 3000+ mile trip to ny, nh, ma, vt and back accross to toronto and home
and only occasionally was even somewhat uncomfortable

i only worry about putting it on if its more than 30 or 40 miles

not all wal-marts carry them so u might have to search around and/or get the other one

on the sei i have, the seat is 10x better than an regular aspy seat and i'll just use the gel pad amd never look back

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=80156&forum_id=4&highlight=gel+pads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.