Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:sadguy: After 1,000 miles on the road.....I found a dinosaur. (mega-sore-ass!!)

Felt like sitting on a steel plate. So yesterday I decided to pull off the seat and have a look. I was pleased to see the seat was adjustable......and it was pushed all the way to the front.

I have a custom cloth seat.....and the passenger seat is very nice. The driver seat feels like there is no padding at all.

I flip it over and see someone has been messing with it. (fresh pop rivets)

I drill out the rivets and peal back the cloth. :sobbing: Some one took a knife and cut all the padding out!!!!!!! :cussing::headbanger:
Must be the short guy who had the seat all the way up, and I can only assume he could not touch the ground and removed 3 1/2 inches of foam...leaving just 1/8 on the steel base.
I used an old couch cushion and some contact cement for now...:ssshh:

CAN YOU RE-FOAM THESE THINGS? (!,000 dollar seat is not in the budget)

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Great, I will check it out. I only wish I knew what the seat was....as there are no markings on it. Anyone recognize it from my profile photo? :?

·
Busdriver
1,036 Posts
imported post

I once took a seat to an upholstery guy, and he glued in a layer of memory foam for $50. It was very comfortable.

·
Busdriver
1,036 Posts
imported post

I once took a seat to an upholstery guy, and he glued in a layer of memory foam for $50. It was very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
imported post

Just a guess, but it closely resembles a Saddlemen Road Sofa.

www.saddlemen.com

If youfurnish themphoto of your seat, they may be able tohelp. TTFN.

.....Old Tom in NH

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks.....not the diamond though. At least not the one in photo. I have tried to get a photo on here but "to large" error! :bash2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.