Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am new to the forum. Great information. I read the thread on getting confortable on a wing. I ordered and installed the Mick o pegs. Now I am looking to customize my seat. I am 6'3 260 with 34 inch inseam. I am looking to move back a couple of inces and up an inch. I live in So Cal. Any suggestions and imput is appreciated.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

There are several after market seat builders. Since you are in California, check into Corban. Drive over to their factory and have them fit you for the perfect fit.

You will never regret it.

http://www.corbin.com/california.shtml

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
imported post

You can also check out Rick Mayer custom seats, I had him build me one for my concours and I loved it. I too am 6'3" and 265 lbs

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

just noted that the distance from Chino to Hollister is just a mere 350 miles or there abouts. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A warm welcome to the site dan123abc, good to have you on board. :waving:

Just a suggestion, might be worth trying with a cusion under you, or piece os spare foam, to see what height suits you best and then approach a custom seat manufacturer or upholsterer to get your seat made or the present one modified.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I am just about your same size and weight, I have the Heartco Pro-Tour, for four years now and am extremely happy with it. It is made for my dimensions and is perfect after 4-8+ hour rides. You are welcome to give it a try if ever in the Ventura area.
When making the investment in a custom fit saddle, it is good to have an idea of what you are getting for the $$$.
As mentioned above... some like the Corbin. Butt for my butt.... the Corbin was like a park bench....too hard!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the imput. I really valueall of your personal experiance and itsaves me some guess work.:)

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

One more thing to keep in mind...... Be sure to check if the custom saddle maker can or cannot incorperate the heated feature you may have with the OEM! There has been a post somewhere that the Honda heating was installed in a new saddle by the owner. I just cannot recall where that was!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.