Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so my seat and grips are not working checked fuses, checked most all connections under seat, happened once before on a ride they didn't work then half way through the ride they worked. any thoughts?

·
Administrator
25,044 Posts
The most common problem is one of the grip heaters will go bad and then nothing works. Mine sometimes won't come on if I turn them on immediately after starting the engine when cold, then I have to turn the engine off and back on to get them to work. If I wait until the battery voltage comes up they come on every time. I don't think of looking into it when I don't need the heat.

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other input on this issue any help would be great thanks i have checked fuses plug ins so far found no issues thanks

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I just had that problem with my 2006 Gold Wing. It was a bad hand grip that was causing my problem. IF that is your problem, new grips are $110.00, and lots of frustration finding the bad one. (Mine was the left one). I think I must have had a combination of wire not plugged in all the way, and bad hand grip.
Gumbyred

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Hand grips are usually the cause, If one thing doesn't work none of them do. Poor design by Honda. Lots of buyers bought base model and added after market heated grips

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the hand grips have connectors that plug in? one connector per side? maybe un hook one and make jumper wire to plug in connector like a dummy grip to make a circuit and see if the other grip heats do it to the other one to see if the other grip heats? guess i'll have to dig into the manual and look it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts