Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I replaced the air cleaner in my 2010 GL1800. Grip heaters work, seat heaters (neither) do not. I double check the one plug that comes off the seat/grip console..it was connected. The seat heat plugs under the seat are plugged in, I double checked. Puzzled....

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

The grip and seat heaters work off the same circuit, so my guess is a bad connection or maybe bent pin in one of the connectors.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ok... Well I only had the 2 connections related to the heat system disconnected fopr the filter change. The one right under the key console and of course the one under the seat. I double checked those..no bent or missing pins. So if they use the same circuit (grips and seat), and the grips heat just fine, then it wouildnt be a relay, would have to be a damaged wire or connector? Its still under warranty, but I just couldnt imagine it being anything but something simple.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Is the operation of the seat heater limited or controlled by actual air tempature? It was 82 today, but I was still able to get the grips hot, but couldnt tell the difference in the seat... thanks for your previous help and suggestions. This is my first Goldwing.. Im not used to all these luxury items...but now I have come to expect them!!

·
Administrator
26,149 Posts
imported post

The seat heaters will not work above something like 54*F. The grips will though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.