Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What is the seat height and weight of a 1987 Interstate. I am seriously thinking about purchasing one I saw online but need to know if a short guy like me will be able to handle it. (I am about 5'7 or 5'8 max) :(

Any other pointers to look out for other than what I read in Steve's list of faults for a GL1200.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Steve.

PS. A great site I am glad I found it.
:clapper:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

30.7" is the seat height. You might just get your two feet down if you are 5' 8" and if not you can get an ince of foam cut from the saddle. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey crt4me :waving: Welcome to the forum. :clapper: What budegan tells you is correct. Would you please udate your profile and tell us where you live.:whip:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

A guy at work rode one for years and he's 5ft 6and 1/2?!

Don't know if he actually got both feet on the ground but he rode it alot !!??

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
A guy at work rode one for years and he's 5ft 6and 1/2?!

Don't know if he actually got both feet on the ground but he rode it alot !!??
Welcome to the Known World's Best Goldwing Site!

A lot depends on torso to leg length. I'm kinda banty legged 5'11" and wear a 30" inseam in pants but didn't have any problem with the 1200 or 1500. I do notice when I am wearing my harness boots that have a bit of heel I can reach the ground further out from the bike than when I'm wearing my regular shoes.

:waving::waving::15red::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
imported post

Hi, just changed my seat from a seat that had been undercut or had the foam removed for sombody of ashorter stature, I'm 6'2 the seat was for a person of 5'2!!!!!!. I also had to change thescreen for a taller model, the original was like a fly screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.