Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am installing rear speakers on my Goldwing 2005 1800GL, it says I need to remove the seat, the bike is new, so I really don't want to screw this up. Can someone walk me throught the whole procedure ie. Removing the speaker covers, removing the seat, does the trunk need to come off or just the inside of the trunk? Any advice is definitely appreciated

Jimbro:(

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The speaker makers tell you to remove the trunk lid to dril the holes for the speaker wires, but you don't need to as you can eyeball the X mark and just drill from the other side with the lid in place.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you very much :D, I have a feeling I'll be checking out this site quite often

Jimbro

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Good man thats what it's all for. :waving:Hope you get everything sorted out. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum jimbro. The boys are right about the speaker install, just the inner trunk cover and the screws giong up into the speaker uppers is all you have to remove. Took me just over an hour to do mine.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks, I was lookikng at this thing, thinking, OK, I can handle this, then it says, remove the seat and I'm like :?ok, HOW!!!

I'll probably get er done tonight.

Thanks again

Jimbro

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hi Jimbro, just be careful not to lose any of the big rubber spacers inside of the seat where the bolts go through.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Man, if I got my seat on an 1800 seat, you'd have a real fight to remove either one!

:cheeky1::15red::jumper:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

jimbro wrote:
Thank you very much :D, I have a feeling I'll be checking out this site quite often

Jimbro
Welcome to the forum jimbro. It's always worth paying a visit here. Nice and lively and always something new to learn, and friendly members. I'm all for learning, that's what life is all about!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.