Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

OK I give how do you remove the seat from my 03 1800 abs Is it the two allen bolts that hold the grabbers on each side. Inquiring minds want to know. If you guys don't answer it will force me to do something stupid.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
imported post

When you remove the Allen bolts, firmly push the riders backpad rearwards until the two white tabs at the front of the saddle clear the shelter bracket, then look under the front part of the saddle and ensure that the lug under the saddle is clear of the bracket. Then just lift the front up and away. Check that the rubber spacers under the saddle (where the bolts go through) are still in place. Tip; Use plenty of soft cloths to cover any panels that are even remotely at risk from falling bolts, screwdrivers etc.

Originally posted here;)

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

mike149 wrote:
OK I give how do you remove the seat from my 03 1800 abs Is it the two allen bolts that hold the grabbers on each side. Inquiring minds want to know. If you guys don't answer it will force me to do something stupid.

Undo the 4 allen bolts from the grab handles. Open the boot lid. Push seat squab to the rear whilst lifting the short upright part. Once free from the front, remove seat forward. :clapper:

Reverse for refitting, but take care with the round spacers that locate the seat position. Many people add silicon or glue to hold these in place. Make sure bolt threads are clean. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

atmsoft wrote:
was actually looking for the aux plug that is actually under the left front pocket. Found it! But my mp3 player seem to need and amp. How do I install one? Too quiet!
atmsolf - as your question was not part of the original post (topic) not many are going to see your question and/or reply to it. It is a good question and you should start a new post with that question in mind. That way all will see it and you will get a much better audience. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.