Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does any one know any reason why a seat from an '85 LTD would not fit my '86 Aspencade? I am looking to replace mine because of a tear. I found one that was removed from the bike and has very few miles on it(like new)!! I have seen pictures via e-mail but must have it shipped out as it is not local.

I was also considering a new seat cover from Travelcade orthe JC Whitney seatbut am not sure how well the colors would match. I assume based on the available colors from travelcade I have a dark burgandy seat. JC Whitney lists a brown, wineberry &black. So now I am confused. My bike has the metallic beige with burgundy inset like the one in Renegade'savitar. Maybey'all could confirm the color of my seat.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

They are the same, go for it.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

The LTD seat will fit. It's a very dark Chocolate brown. I've swapped them around from Interstate, aspencade, LTD. SEi should fit, also

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

All the 1200 seats are swappable.Best of the lot is teh 1987 as it is much deeper and more comfy.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I think the '85LTD seat is more cooshy as well.

I'm still not sure what is the color on my seat but they both seem to have a deep burgandytone in the color

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The 1200 saddle got better each year, the 1987 really is the best of them.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
The 1200 saddle got better each year, the 1987 really is the best of them.
That's true, but I'm not sure if the 1987 came in choccy brown.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Don't know..but I have one of each and sure 'nuff the seat pans are not interchangable. The thingy that holds the seat down is smaller in an Ltd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.