Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
I have an interesting problem. I took my saddle bags, rear luggage bag, rear fender, etc. off along with the rest of the fiberglass to have it painted. I also took off the back luggage brackets to facilitate a tire change. Now I am doing the reassembly. The rear fender is back on, the rear luggage bracket is on, the saddle bags are on, and the rear bag as well.
I try to put the seat on and there is no room to put it on. With the rear bag on, there is no way to get the seat back far enough to get the front seat latch in the pocket. I then took the rear bag off and can get the seat on and properly attached, but then I can't get the rear bag pushed forward enough to get the u bracket to latch into the bracket.
There is no way the back luggage brackets can be improperly installed (is there?) since there are specific places where it attaches to the frame. I am using the same parts so that hasn't changed.
Any thoughts what I am doing wrong???
Thanks
Dave in Pierre, SD

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi all:
I have an interesting problem. I took my saddle bags, rear luggage bag, rear fender, etc. off along with the rest of the fiberglass to have it painted. I also took off the back luggage brackets to facilitate a tire change. Now I am doing the reassembly. The rear fender is back on, the rear luggage bracket is on, the saddle bags are on, and the rear bag as well.
I try to put the seat on and there is no room to put it on. With the rear bag on, there is no way to get the seat back far enough to get the front seat latch in the pocket. I then took the rear bag off and can get the seat on and properly attached, but then I can't get the rear bag pushed forward enough to get the u bracket to latch into the bracket.
There is no way the back luggage brackets can be improperly installed (is there?) since there are specific places where it attaches to the frame. I am using the same parts so that hasn't changed.
Any thoughts what I am doing wrong???

Thanks
Dave in Pierre, SD
Are you sure to put the front of the seat in the slot under the gaz thank cover?

·
Administrator
24,388 Posts
Would help to know what you are working on. You only have interstate on your profile, that could be from an 80 1100 to a 2000 1500.

·
Administrator
24,388 Posts
I had an 83 and had the seat and everything off a few times and can't see there is any way to get it wrong. Seems like I remember having to push the seat back pretty hard to get the tongue under the bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.