Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My local cycle junkyard has a Saddleman seat for my 82 1100. I need the trunk extension kit that I read about on here not long ago BUT can't find the page. HELP!!!
I read about LIL Pete modification but don't quite understand it??

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

See "trunk relocating bracket" from 16 mar and there is a link to chorme workd and some other suppliers.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You need the pics from lilpete or some one like that has them. The pics make it pretty simple to understand. I just haven't done it to mine yet as I want to find a seat off an 83 so Momma can have more room when I use my backrest.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
imported post

john424 wrote:
My local cycle junkyard has a Saddleman seat for my 82 1100. I need the trunk extension kit that I read about on here not long ago BUT can't find the page. HELP!!!
I read about LIL Pete modification but don't quite understand it??
not sure if you need one but i have a brand new relocation kit

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

I believe the relocation kit pictured on wingstuff.com will only fit a 1200 wing, I had that kit and sent it back because none of the holes would line up on my 1100 trunk or rack, if someone has installed this kit on the 1100 I would like to see a picture of how they did it because I would like to install one on my 1100 if it can be done.......

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I need to add that to my 1200, but will it interfere with the Markland light bar around the bottom of the trunk??

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

is the Saddleman seat that much longer than stock ??

you do know that you can slide your seat back and forth alittle about 1 1/2 inches if i remember right as i have mine set in the middle settings.

1 of U

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

1 of U wrote:
is the Saddleman seat that much longer than stock ??

you do know that you can slide your seat back and forth alittle about 1 1/2 inches if i remember right as i have mine set in the middle settings.

1 of U
Yes , it's about 2 inches longer.Will fit the 83 models but not the 81-82 model. JC Whitney even note's the difference.That trunk extension kit look's like a PITA!!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

John

ok the seat for a 83 model ,, what i would do is get some 1/4 inch aluminum sheet , you can purchase it in any size you need 3X12 etc.. and mount the seat and them mock up the trunk and make new mounts ,, too bad you are not close to me as i could do it for you in under 1 hr .
sounds like a worth while upgrade .

1 of U

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I moved my trunk back about two inches on my "80 by using the trunk rack off an '83. I was then able to move the seat back to the rear most possition (from the middle position) so my wife and I both ended up with about an inch more room each.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Thanx for the info.
Just ordered one for my 84 1200, as, the GF is always hanging all over my back, and it makes it really rough to just sit and relax.
Or, she could lose 50 lbs.(which ain't gonna happen)
Will report on the install (ease/fitment)

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

1 of U wrote:
John

ok the seat for a 83 model ,, what i would do is get some 1/4 inch aluminum sheet , you can purchase it in any size you need 3X12 etc.. and mount the seat and them mock up the trunk and make new mounts ,, too bad you are not close to me as i could do it for you in under 1 hr .
sounds like a worth while upgrade .

1 of U
1 of U
You have a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
I need to add that to my 1200, but will it interfere with the Markland light bar around the bottom of the trunk??
The trunk is adjustable already...I had moved it back to the middle position to accomodate Snorebabe......you don't need that relocation kit.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

For those with 1100's...I didn't like the look of that relocation bracket, either, and if I'm not mistaken ( a distinct possibility!), it robs you of the removability of the trunk. What I did instead was get the rack from an '83 model, it's longer, and I just changed the locks from the one I took off.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Well, I took my trunk off and put the Saddleman seat on. Looks and feels good!! I think what I'm going to do is remove the bottom hardware off my trunk, make 2 bars for underneth and use them to hold the trunk on. I never take the trunk off anyway!!Hopefully I can use the holes in the trunk that held the hardware.
Only drawback for me is I can't use my Markland backrest with this seat and I do like backrest"s!!

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

1 of U wrote:
can you post some pics of the seat

1 of U
Will try but not good at posting pics!! Will get my wife's help.Might take me a few day's tho.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Well, I moved my trunk back a few inches. On my factory bracket there's 2 cross bar's. With the seat on I set the trunk on the bracket and marked and drilled 2 holes in my trunk, then right thru the cross bar. Put a strip of rubber across the crossbar and bolted the trunk down with 1/4-20 bolts and washers and lock nuts. Don't know if 2 bolt's are enough?? Seem's pretty solid tho.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.