Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anybody have an idea of how to make the seat on my 83 aspencade more comfortable? I have modified the bike somewhat, so doing something drastic is not out of the question. My wife and I ride a lot!!I loved the way my seat on the venture was. But this one is so flat!!

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

It's probably just tired, the foam has collapsed. You could look for another seat or have yours rebuilt. I think I remember someone had some seats in the for sale/wanted forum.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

The cover should come off your seat without a fight, they are stapled on. I've re-cu, re-shaped & re-foamed both my '85 & '96 seats. Get some memory foam & I use a honeycomb gel cushion for a car seat for a top layer. :waving:
Use a marker pen & utility knife.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

Dave, be sure to let us know how it works out. I might get brave enough to try something like that if works well.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Larry22935 wrote:
Dave, be sure to let us know how it works out. I might get brave enough to try something like that if works well.
The beauty here is that you never do anything that can't be undone. I've lost track of the number of time I've had my covers off, my wife suggested I start using snap fasteners............:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

perhaps some one has cut some foam out to lower it . or bought an aftermarket lowered seat. try find a stock one or put more foam back in. i have one of the gel pads works great

wilf

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Could give this a try. . . it's VERY inexpensive.

Nothing to remove and it's adjustable.

HERE

:action: TUSH-ON

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

"Old seat covers" dry out & loose their elasticity the same as the Old Foam gets hard, - a sheepskin also is a befifit. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

more then anything at 250 miles its your butt just getting really sore even if you floated on air your butt would still get sore i usually stop every 100ish miles and rest for 20 or 30 minutes im not a super iron butt my tusshy is whimpy lol

you have to fuel every 160 to 200miles anyway so just take time and rest the butt it takes the main impact from the road

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

If you do end up refoaming your old seat,an electric knife works very well for trimming.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
imported post

Hell I just went to wally world and bought the gel pad for 23 bucks and just throw it over the seat on long rides works great.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I see I'm not the only one with this problem. Good to know! Such a simple idea and I bet it's gonna work fine. I'll get on it this week. By the way, I am a pastor of aBaptist church in south Florida. I have already prayed for you FM, For the blood clots and your hospital bills. Also praying for mikeatrain for your cancer treatments. Very grateful for the idea!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,657 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Br Dave wrote:
I see I'm not the only one with this problem. Good to know! Such a simple idea and I bet it's gonna work fine. I'll get on it this week. By the way, I am a pastor of aBaptist church in south Florida. I have already prayed for you FM, For the blood clots and your hospital bills. Also praying for mikeatrain for your cancer treatments. Very grateful for the idea!!
Thanks Br Dave.

"The problem" almost went away.
Better make them prayers high test strength, the problem is returning. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.