Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was my first, and I shall never forget her. Small...but formidable, cute, beautiful even... but serious.... she took my breath away! We haunted the Seattle street scene in the late sixties, and took several multi-day trips together, and she never failed me, never.... I am ashamed today because there were times I unaccountably felt inferior with her when around others with their more glamorous companions, and I wish I could make that right, but.... some things you just can't change. She was taken from me one night by some b*stard Seattlelite, a man without honor, a man whose name I never got.... Oh, to be with her today! What I wouldn't give.....

Yes, I had her once, and if my head had been straight, and my face out of a beer bottle, we could've ridden around the world together. My head's straight now, I'm clean and sober, and with my lovely new partner, we're doing the world one chunk at a time, two-up.... All's well that ends well, but that 1966 160 Honda CL -- my first -- she could've done it, yes, she could've done it....

Do you have a dream, youngster? Do it, do it now....find a way, and go.... We are never guaranteed tomorrow. Act, act now.... I am blessed and fortunate beyond belief; a absolute miracle blew into my life, her red hair flaming, and I got a second chance at the dream! Not all of us do....

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Brings back memories, first bike: Bought new 1964 250 Hawk

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
The first ones was cute, but the one you have now just can not be beat, nothing can compare........

Besides........

Reds the fastest color!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first ones was cute, but the one you have now just can not be beat, nothing can compare........

Besides........

Reds the fastest color!
I know, friend, I know...but it wasn't a post about a bike really, it was a post about almost wasting your life, and second chances! The heaven-sent, blessed, second chances!

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Great word of wisdom and encouragement. Sometimes we do get lucky and get not just one, but two chances at a great love. We just need to keep our eyes and our hearts open.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I know, friend, I know...but it wasn't a post about a bike really, it was a post about almost wasting your life, and second chances! The heaven-sent, blessed, second chances!

Oh............... Sigh......

All I got was you liked your first bike...........:?

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
And a bonehead stole it.

I do not think real highly of those who willingly victimize others. Of course 22 years in a legal type profession can do that to a person.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
And a bonehead stole it.

I do not think real highly of those who willingly victimize others. Of course 22 years in a legal type profession can do that to a person.

OK, Ok....... Im off the hook

He didn't get it either...... :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Administrator
27,951 Posts
I had a bike just like that, but I get the jist of the post too.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I would like to think if given a do over I would do it differently , but who knows...my first bike was a brand new 1967 CL77 305 scrambler...there was one on CL the other day, almost called about it...great post...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
as some of you may know , I am re-married to my first wife ( almost ten years now) so I get it CJ , we are having a blast now, ain't wastin' any more time.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
Maybe I should go back to bed...

:whoops:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Lost my Virginity to a fast and loose 1968 175 Honda ..she had seen better days for sure but to me she was Gorgeous ..whats around that next bend in the road and sense of adventure is a happy memory for me... sometimes those feelings come flooding back to me on my wing with all the youthful thoughts at 18 ..odd how that works eh

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Nice words CJ that paint a picture.

I had a similar run in with her big sister, a 67' 305cc scrambler, still miss her.

Mine had snuff-or-nots ----> great sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.