Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm broken down in Williamsport Pa. The secondary master cylinder failed on rte 6 while I was stopped, waiting to make a left turn. The tire was locked when I tried to pull out.
My question is: what happens if you are going 50 when the lock up happens?

·
650 Posts
theren is a recall on that with the 2012 models

·
Administrator
28,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm broken down in Williamsport Pa. The secondary master cylinder failed on rte 6 while I was stopped, waiting to make a left turn. The tire was locked when I tried to pull out.
My question is: what happens if you are going 50 when the lock up happens?

It is 2010.
I did have the recall done and it passed. My understanding is that perhaps Honda is re-evaluating the tolerances of the test?? What passed in the spring 2012 does not mean you're not going to be affected.
The 1st dealership was 4 miles away...they were useless, primarily dealing 4 wheelers, gun racks & generators but he did direct me to a dealership 1-1/2 hrs away (hence ending in Williamsport).
Jason at the 2nd place was great. Explained everything. FYI if your ride is in for this, it takes a week to get the part from Honda.
I'm riding home today to beat the storm. Instructions are NO rear brake, use gear box as much as possible, front hand brake gentle but do not pump. If the rear tightens, a screwdriver will free the grip. Obviously highway, daytime will require the least braking.
Last month I did 6000 mile loop out west...didn't ride highways, twisties & then some. Just glad it didn't happen then!
24000 service was performed when I returned from west trip.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
Thats good that you were still able to ride it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.