Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Here is my question. What would it take to mount a California Sidecar Friendship II to an 1800. I just had someone tell me that the frames of the 1800 won't support a sidecar and that you have to put in a "sub-frame" to make it work. Anyone have any knowledge or experience on this end? Currently the side care is mounted to a GL1500. Hopefully this will also be seen by those on the open forums that we might get a definitive answer. Yes, I did also post this in the side car section but I want a greater audience.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
the 1800s will definitely support a Sidecar, I know of several that I have seen myself.

but the brackets for the 1500 will NOT work, different brackets will be required especially for the 1800.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,256 Posts
just an FYI, if a viewer clicks on the NEW button, they will see every new post made, no matter what forum it is under.

Some forums, restrict viewing to the explicit forum it was made in, we don't, for a very good reason, so all can see the New Posts.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
the 1800's do require a subframe of sorts as they are aluminum frames. give Jay a call at DMC sidecars. he can talk you through everything you would need and sells the subframes and any other proper hardware needed to safely mount a sidecar. I could be wrong but I think the Friend ship 2 is a bit on the small side to mate to the 1800
there are tons of 1800 out there with sidecars so it is a good tug. Check in on the United Side Car Forum, they can offer answers to any of your questions

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sidecar on an 1800. That must be a trill for the occupant. I like that AJ1500 was able to give a contact to help you with your project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts