Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have problem selecting nautral gear on my Goldwing 1500 SE ( 1998). I have nautral, no green light, cant select rev. Is there any ajustment I can make. this doesn't happen all the time.

Keep em up right

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I never have learned to spell either... but are you looking for a natural geatr... or trying to get the bike in neutral (the space between 1st and 2nd). If you have no light the first place to look would be to see if the buld is out. many bikes are finicky and want to be in first or second and it takes finesse to get "in between". My harley will NOT go into neutral from second, only from first.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

:Dspeeling isnat me stang poient eethur:grinner::grinner:(sorry could not resistit)bri.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

My 1100 is picky that way, too. Not always, but often I have trouble finding neutral from 2nd. I sometimes have tohit first then finesse it back into neutral. I don't know...maybe adjusting the clutch better would alleviate the problem.

Jack

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

:angel2: My natural gear is o/d at around 75 to 80mph. My neutral gear is between 1st and 2nd with a little finesse. Without starting the bike, find neutral by rolling it back and forth. Then turn the key on and see if the light works. If not, check for a burned out bulb, (not buld), or just replace the bulb. If that doesn't work, you need to see if you have any wires loose by doing some tracing. Do you have an repair manual? That should help you trace down the wires.

We are kidding you about spelling, but if you look at the top right corner of the screen in which you wrote your original question, there is a check mark with abc. That's the spell check. You can also download a program called iespell. Check the forum for more info.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

I've always found giving the engine a bit of a rev and a wee bit of pressue on the shifter (up or down depending if you are in 1st or 2nd) will usually alow it to pop into neutral.

Kyle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.