Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings toeverybody,

I have just returned from a run onmy 92Interstate and very nearly got wiped out because I forgot to cancel the indicators after a left hand turn. Does anyone know if it is possible to fit self cancelling indicators (do such things exist?)to this bike from another model 1500.

Regards to all.

John S

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Should be possible if you can gather all the parts needed. Probably won't need it for awhile though!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi John. It's probably possible but I doubt its a simple plug & play thing. The self canceller is linked to the speedo sender unit for a start. The wiring schematic for the canceller is quite comprehensive looking.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Now John, if you only had an '82 Wing instead of the '92 version, it would have automatic cancellors.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

I was thrilled to find that my 83 1100 also had self-cancelling signals. It occurs to me, though - if they could put those on a motorcyle in the early 80s, why oh WHY can't they make them mandatory in the cars driven by the kindly (but forgetful) old folks here in Tennessee who drive for MILES with the things on? :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
imported post

My 84 has them but i usually end up canceling them before they get the chance to do so themselves

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

jsmith24 wrote:
I was thrilled to find that my 83 1100 also had self-cancelling signals. It occurs to me, though - if they could put those on a motorcyle in the early 80s, why oh WHY can't they make them mandatory in the cars driven by the kindly (but forgetful) old folks here in Tennessee who drive for MILES with the things on? :)

Jack
:whip:Why bother when 70% of drivers don't even know their cars have signals!:whip:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.