Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have upgraded to a new 1800 I am wanting to sell the old 1500. Below is the listing that I typed and posted a couple of places. I started the price at $5000 knowing that it was too high but thinking I may get some kind of offer. Since posting I have not received a single offer. What do you guys think would be the bottom price that I should accept? What price should I have it listed for? Thanks for the help

1991 Gl1500 Interstate with 95,939 miles. The bike odometer only shows 35,834 miles. It was replaced by the previous owner. I have the replaced odometer with 60,105 on it. This bike is in good condition for it's age. I rode it from Indiana to the Grand Canyon and back with no issues in 2019.

I am only selling because we have upgraded to the 2018 Wing. The bike has LED driving lights, RAM mount on handle bars, FM Modulator, 12v accessory plug in left fairing pocket, ISO grips, drivers floor boards with heal toe shifter, highway floorboards, Markland trailer hitch, trunk rack, and trunk lid organizer, progressive fork springs, and front fork brace. There are a few negatives to the bike as well. Both of the cubby hole doors are missing, there are a couple of the plastic bolt/screw covers missing, and a couple of small blemishes and a small scratch on the one saddle bag.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
I think 5,000 is way too high for the bike. It is an Interstate, no reverse or several other nice items found on the Aspencade's and SE's.

I sold my 1999 Gold Wing SE for a lot less in September 2019. It did have 222k miles but was in excellent condition and ran great.

I would think no more than around 2,500 at the most for your 1991. But that's just my opinion.

GL1500's are not high selling bikes these days....!!

But you should price it according to your thoughts (not mine).

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I sold my 92 Interstate this year for $1,700. it ran good, had 170,000 miles. Bought my 96 SE with 60,000 miles for $3,500

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,793 Posts
Kelly blue book value for your bike in good condition is $2100.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
I've had a '94 and a '98, and if I were shopping again, I would not pay a dime over $2,500...

actually, I doubt that I would be willing to pay more than $2,000 today for a $1500 and that would be for a nice looking SE. I will not consider anything but an SE, which was the case when I bought the two that I use to own.

the 1800s are now dropping down into the $5,000-$6,000 range..... and that is why you have not had a single offer.

the fact of it is, whatever addons you have added to it, do not have any effect on resale price. those are there to please the current owner, in this case, you.

No reverse is a killer anymore..... I suspect you are going to have to take a bath and let it go for $1,500ish

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
the fact of it is, whatever addons you have added to it, do not have any effect on resale price. those are there to please the current owner, in this case, you.
Totally agree. In some cases the interested party might not really like some of the add on items. Most folks like to add the items that apply for them....!!

Probably not too many "older riders" or riders that are "vertically challenged" will be interested in a Gold Wing without reverse.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
an example.

I bought a '02 1800 with more than $4,000 worth of chrome on it.....
I took most of it off, every damn bit of it that was topside where the sun would reflect into my eyes.

I hate Chrome with a passion.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I kinda figured around the 3k mark. But I guess I was still a little high.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
You can get an 1800 with that miles on it for $5000. I would say 1500 to $2000 is about right.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Here are a couple nice wings for a lot less and they still haven't sold.

Here is a nice 1800 for a little more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts