Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey guys, I'm thinking about selling my 84 Goldwing. It has 18,843 original miles and runs great. I really love the bike and I love this forum, but it has a problem and it may be over my head to fix it. It loses some coolant and I think it may be getting into the oil. According to most of the guys on this forum a headgasket repair(if that's what it is) is not that big of a deal on a goldwing, but I'm not sure about it. I was asking 3300 before I knew about it, but throw me your offers and we'll see. It has Dunlop Elite 3's on it with about 1000 miles on them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

You wont get nearly as much for it with an existing issue like this. I bet nowhere over 1500. But the parts to do even both sides will run you less than 200 bucks if you did the timing belts at the same time. Labor is less than 6 hours if you're reading a manual between every turn of a bolt. Then you would have a bike that might get you the 3 grand on a good day with the low miles it has on it. Timing belts go bad with age also, so I would replace them even with the low miles.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

I agree with the last poster... replace the head gaskets and timing belts.
It's a little less of a job on a standard since there is no tupperware to deal with.
You losing almost 50% of the bikes value if you leave it alone.

If you are a little leery of the job, there's this site for help and who knows, you might have someone close to you that would help for some hydration ...:action:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.