Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a friend who wants to buy my CSC trike in Canada. He was told that he couldn't bring the bike from the US into Canada a register it because the CSC trike was not an approved conversion company. Apparently any motor vehicle modified has to be approved. Is there any way around this such as having the trike inspected in Canada with the proper documentation?

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

I believe their is an exemption for M/Cs over 15 years old. Other than that it's a lost cause. There have been some sad stories.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I do believe Lehman trikes are the only approved trikes in Canada.
I think they are the company that Harley uses for their trike model.

I could be wrong, just what I heard.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

You pretty much have to convert it back to a two wheeler, bring it in to Canada - have it inspected first at Canadian Tire , then at a provincially approved motorcycle inspection station - once registered you can bring in the parts & convert it to a 3 wheeler if you like - I don't understand the reasoning behind it ( don't think there is any) but not even the little honda atv trikes can be brought in.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:

There are several trikes approved but the conversion has to be done in Canada. Lindsay Cycle does the Lehman ones IIRC.

I was told that any modification of a M/C is reason to ban import of a bike even if it is safety related improvement. IIRC a member from the prairies sent a bike to the USA for a conversion and couldn't bring it back. The bike had to be de-converted and sent back as a two wheeler alongwith the trike pieces and re-converted to a trikeback here.

I don't know what is more infuriating, government policies or computer dead end loops.

A while back Staples had computer paper on sale for $3.00 a package. I decided to stock up and buy a box of ten packages. Nope that was $40.00 because the boxes weren't on sale. The clerk took the ten packages out of the box, scanned them individually, put them back in the same box and the price dropped to the $30.00 I expected in the first place. Logic and common sense are not always the same thing.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:

Actually they are using a Victory for the trike. They have one model - Pit Boss - that is approved to bring in and it's an ugly sucker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.