Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought the new Wing the beginning of the year, of course we had to change our headsets from wired to bluetooth. The shop we bought the bike from highly recommended the Sena 30s, which we purchased. I have been fighting with them from the start. The biggest issue we have is we both wear open face helmets with shields and it seems that anytime we get over 40mph, the wind noise starts muting the radio. I have tried several different settings and I can get them close, but I cannot get them to were they work the way they should. Have even contacted Sena and they told me to use settings that I tried and they are still not working the way they should. Was just wondering if anyone else has these headsets and if so, what are the settings you are using if they work for you. I can leave the radio where it won't mute at all, but then we are having to talk over it all the time. Needless to say for what they cost, I am not a happy camper. I am sure it is just a setting, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,461 Posts
I have a modular helmet...
everytime I leave the front open, I have to crank up the Mute

go back to fully latched, then I can talk normally

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't have any trouble talking John, but the wind noise mutes the radio when it shouldn't. It has something to do with the sensitivity and even Sena said that they knew about it and was hopeful the next software upgrade would address the problem. Have talked to several other that have Sena headsets and for the most part, the 10's and 20's they have very little issue with, but the 30's are another issue. Most say they are not as good as the earlier ones, and the 50s just came out and I haven't heard anything good about them either. I just know that when I was wired to the bike, didn't have any issues at all. So not very happy with this $500 investment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts