Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys would like to know if any of you know the wiring colours for o2 sensors.
my 2007 gl1800 manifold has rusted with holes in ,so i have got hold of some off 2003 .
found the sensors are smaller and smaller plugs on them
Would like to know the wiring to cut plugs off small plugs and solder them back to big plugs
I know the whites replace the black wires but the other 2 wires im not sure
Would like your help
cheers steve

·
Administrator
26,143 Posts
Looking at the wiring the 06> has 1 white which matches the black for the heater but the 01-05 has 2 whites for the heater, the white & grey for the sensor. The 06> has a black and blue for the sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the wiring the 06> has 1 white which matches the black for the heater but the 01-05 has 2 whites for the heater, the white & grey for the sensor. The 06> has a black and blue for the sensor.
Thanks for info dave ,i thought just cut small plug off as it is in pics ,and join them on big plug as it is ? ,do you agree ?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just need to know is the blue wire on the 06 to 16 is the + to sensor please
Measured 2 black wires on 06 sensors with multimeter there the heaters 9 ohms and the 03 wires for heaters are the 2 white , think the black wire is the plus sensor wire and the blue+ on the other plug is the plus+ on that one

·
Administrator
26,143 Posts
I just need to know is the blue wire on the 06 to 16 is the + to sensor please
No idea, the manual doesn't say what is what. 1st pic is 06>, 2nd pic is 01-05.
06 O2 sensor wiring.png
01-05 O2 sensors.png

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks for info think i am right on wiring now ,so will cut plugs off and solder them on big plugs, i would have used my old sensors but they wont fit to long because they moved the sensors on headers and no room , 01 to 05 sensors are smaller 12mm thread. but think i have it sorted now ,if not will get rid of sensors and blank holes off and use eliminator
cheers steve

·
Administrator
26,143 Posts
Normally O2 sensor wire is stainless steel and difficult to solder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts