Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need a pencil tracing of the serial # on my 93 GL1500, and I don't see it. I see the sticker on the steering head, but no frame stamping. Anybody know where it is?

Thanks

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

On the 1500, it is on the frame, to the right side of the triple tree.

Turn the handlebars full left. You can look down from the right side and see it easily...

Tracing it? Lots of luck on that. Use a camera.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
On the 1500, it is on the frame, to the right side of the triple tree.

Turn the handlebars full left. You can look down from the right side and see it easily...

Tracing it? Lots of luck on that. Use a camera.
I see the sticker, but I do not see the stamping. I will look one more time. State of KY has sent my paperwork back, says I have to have a pencil tracing of the frame VIN#

:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

On my bike, the sticker had an aluminum blank section in the middle of it. The stamped VIN# was in that section.

All you really need to do is go by any DMV station and have it inspected. The officer there has a form certifying that he inspected that vehicle and it is as represented.

Done it several times, every time I moved to a new state. has been the same every where I moved to.

In fact, I've got to go do it tonight on the wife's car. it is titled in Indiana and the tag expires next Saturday. :crying:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
On my bike, the sticker had an aluminum blank section in the middle of it. The stamped VIN# was in that section.

All you really need to do is go by any DMV station and have it inspected. The officer there has a form certifying that he inspected that vehicle and it is as represented.

Done it several times, every time I moved to a new state. has been the same every where I moved to.

In fact, I've got to go do it tonight on the wife's car. it is titled in Indiana and the tag expires next Saturday. :crying:

I had all that done, wasn't good enough for them. I did find it, it is about 3 inches in front of the sticker, and down a couple inches. There were some brake lines and wires hiding it.

I'll try sending it in again!

:action::action::action:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.