Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
imported post

I posted this update in the other thread and thought I'd oput it here too to keep everyone from having to hunt for the update on Jonathan and Carma...

She was released today and we brought them home, Sherri changed their bandages, we got them settled in and we finally made it home!!!:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

The spot of blood on her brain was diminished by 90% this morning, her foot is not broken, so aside from the road rash that both of them have and the two ribs and fractured shoulder blade that Carma has to wait to mend... they are in very good shape and spirits!

I told them about me leaving a post here, and when I told them about the quick responses and prayers being offered... I know I saw tears in their eyes. I am sure I can safely say theyhave beenmuch appreciated!!!

I also told them of Jeff and Amy's ordeal and their prayers are with you guys too!!!

On the way home we stopped by the wrecker services and looked at the bike through the fence in the headlights... Carma cried. We plan to go by tomorrow to get all of their stuff and give the bike an inspection... but I am betting that it will be totalled.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they will be riding again... and probably soon.

I have to share this moment out of our weekend with all of you...

Saturday evening we travelled the Intestates from Gainsville down to Stockbridge in extremely heavy traffic, after a long whileof fighting the traffic, we stopped for a break.

When we got off the bikes and caught our breaths... my wife made the statement... "When we get to the motel... I don't care if it takes three days to get home... no more M F ING Interstate!!!" My wife saying the MF word is VERY out of character and is pretty good evidence of her dislike of that kind of riding and the fact that her nerves were about shot.

On our way home tonight, my wife reminded us all of that moment and said... "I know I said I didn't care if it took us three days to get home... but... DAMN!I didn't really mean it!!!" We must have laughed for five miles!!!

All in all, it was a great weekend! Yes, we had an ordeal to go through the last few days... But my friends are home and we are home... and it seems like the only permanent damage that we are left with is to a piece of machinery. And the machine was the least important ingredient in the mix to start with... great friends who are home safe and great fun and memories to last a lifetime!!! I'd say we are still winners!!!

And we will be looking forward to #7!!!

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

That is great news, thanks for the update!!

Sounds like they were as fortunate as Amy and I were. It would have been so easy for either of us to not have been here today.

I took some photos of Amy's helmet last night. She had her face shield down and it took a decent lick. Not as bad as I have seen before, but her face didn't take any damage and neither of us had any road rash at all. My helmet took some damage, but luckily I didn't take anything other than a sore jaw and neck, and I bit the inside of my mouth pretty well.

Please tell them I said we really enjoyed meeting them and getting to talk with them and our prayers are with them.

Like ya'll, I haven't seen my bike in the daylight, but hopefully it will be ok except for some plastic damage.

I had someone talk to me and they helped my feelings a lot more than they know. I was down on myself for stopping at Sonic, for going home the way I did and just everything in between. I was feeling very guilty about even allowing Amy to ride with me.

They told me that everything happens for a reason, cliche as all get out I know, but what they said next was the little anecdote that sort of put it all in perspective for me; ie, God may have allowed that man to hit us to prevent us from getting killed somewhere else further down the road that day. That sort of lightened my mind and heart to know that God does move in mysterious ways and his way may have been to have this happen to keep us both safely here.

Please tell Jonathon what I just wrote about, who knows if the very same thing didn't occur to them to prevent them from the same fate!! I know I am very thankful to have survived a "T" bone wreck on the highway and be able to walk away from it like we did.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Very nice pics. Sorry to hear about all the accidents. Hope everyone recovers fully, and gets back riding ASAP.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

Snorebabe talked to him a little while ago and she (Sandra, ie. SnoreTrophy)is doing well. He will be at the hospital with her probably until visiting hours are over. Before everyone get's worried....she had "female" surgery that was planned.

I am sure Snorebrother willpost an update either today or tomorrow...unless he gives me some info when I talk to him a little later then I will do it for him.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Still no word on when we will get to go home or on Amy's left shoulder. I hope to talk with someone this afternoon though. She sat up a good bit today and picked her leg up as well as is flexing her ankle some today which is a lot better than yesterday. Hopefully she will get better and get to home this weekend.

I go in myself in the morning to let them poke and prod around on me to see whats what. Hopefully it will just be that I am good and sore, got my fingers crossed anyway. I won't let them cut on me before we have Amy back on her feet if I can help it anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

Thanks for keeping us updated on you and Amy. Hopefully she will get to go home by the weekend and when you go to the Doc. he will tell you that you are just sore.

Talked with Mark just a few mins. ago. Sandra is suppose to go home tomorrow. Mark said he'd been reading the thread and had told Sandra y'all were asking about her. Mark has had one heck of a week between working out of town a couple of days and visiting Sandra at the hospital that he has been too tired to post. Said he would prolly catch us all up better tomorrow night.

We're off to the Lynyrd Skynyrd Concert tonight so we'll catch up on everyone tomorrow.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Enjoy the concert.

Good thing we didn't wait out O'Charlies... they just got a health inspection rating of 71.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

LOL I knew there was a reason not to eat there, but kept quite. We won't eat there here in town for that very same reason.

I am so jealous, wish I could catch them around here sometime but they never seem to come this way. Enjoy and have a great time.

Wish both Mark and Sandra will for me!

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Enjoy the concert.

Good thing we didn't wait out O'Charlies... they just got a health inspection rating of 71.
i have seen some dirty restaurants get a rating in the 80 - 85 range. i hate to see what they found there to get a 71 :shock:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Enjoy the concert.

i have seen some dirty restaurants get a rating in the 80 - 85 range. i hate to see what they found there to get a 71 :shock:
I got the details from the paper and it's some serious stuff.
Dirty dishes marked clean, coolers at the wrong temps, raw hamburger stored over the produce. Good stuff like that.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I'm really glad to hear everyone is doing so well on their recoveries. Prayers being sent for speedy recoveries as well. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you on the next one that I didn't get to meet this time.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
imported post

Rudy wrote:
creekwalker wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Enjoy the concert.

Dirty dishes marked clean, coolers at the wrong temps, raw hamburger stored over the produce. Good stuff like that.
thats scarey

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

HOME FROM THE CONCERT!!!!!!!

Sorry...didn't mean to yell...still hard to hear:clapper:

It was a GREAT time!! Rocked out for 1 1/2hrswith Skynyrd, finishing it off with Freebird!! Also there seemed to be some vaugely familiar smells wafting through the air :cool:(come to think of it....for some reason.....I have the munchies)

We wouldn't have had the good time at O'Charley's that we had at the Italian restaurant. Everything seems to work out for the best!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Well, we are having trouble getting Amy into the rehab facility but the doc said today that she can go home when she gets ready. They told us to stay until they find out if she can get a bed at the rehab facility monday and then decide to what to do!

Hopefully we get her in, but nice to know she can go home when she feels up to it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

creekwalker wrote:
Rudy wrote:
creekwalker wrote:
Rudy wrote:
Enjoy the concert.

i have seen some dirty restaurants get a rating in the 80 - 85 range.  i hate to see what they found there to get a 71  :shock:
Dirty dishes marked clean, coolers at the wrong temps, raw hamburger stored over the produce.  Good stuff like that.
thats scarey

Yikes! I won't be going there again!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I've been out of town and thus a bit out of the loop.

First and foremost, I'm glad to see the injured friends are making good recoveries. And I too, have always so strongly believed that the bad things that happen are for a reason and quite possibly so that far worse things do not occur. That logic will get you through the tougher times for sure.

On lighter notes, yes, Sean, you flask is safely saved for your next trip up here. And you were good company and are welcome anytime, you'll have to bring the wife up for a visit too!

And, on a humorous note, I found out tonight that my puppy "Awgie" does NOT care for a Harley. We were riding home tonight and he BIG DOG BARKED at one in front of us, on two different occasions. I guess he was trying to prove who the "Big DAWG" really is, lol! :cheeky1:

281 - 300 of 334 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.