Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Everybody that took pic on the ride they are some great pic thanks again glad to see them all

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Well guys, Amy's doctor is a little worried about how she is healing. She is still in major pain and does not show signs of the tissue healing like it should be. We go back to see him on Monday and if she hasn't shown any improvements by then, he is going to put her back in the hospital to do skin grafts on Wed. He said she would be there for 3 days if he does put her in.

The problem is the skin that sloughed off has died and is not showing signs of healing at all as well as the muscle tissue where the bones broke through the skin is not healing as well.

Please keep her in your prayers!!!

I had the MRI of the neck done yesterday and will get the results later but the doc said yesterday for me to stay off the leg for another 3 weeks and let him see if it has healed before he would even entertain the idea of repairing the knee. I told him I had walked around just fine on the broken leg for almost 3 weeks and he kind of got red in the face and told me I had better listen to him or he would hit me with the crutches.....lol so I guess I will use them more than not. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the neck and I can get back to taking care of Amy and not have to worry about my hands going to sleep on me all the time.

Again, please keep Amy in your prayers, she is going to need them!!! She is having a hard time even riding in the car because of what she has gone through. The doc called it PTSD and has put her on some meds to help with it.

Jeff

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Prayers for you both.

I had problems healing from the trauma wound on my leg and ended up going to the hospital wound center. It was immediately evident to me that those folks had more up to date experience with wounds to the point that they had issues dealing with the Dr until I told the Dr that I wanted the wound center to handle the wound portion of the treatment and they were to keep him up to date on it.

I was glad I did that even at $500 per visit. But the insurance covered it and the Dr got over it. Although he did say if I got in another motorcycle accident that he'd rather I got someone else to handle it next time. He didn't like MC's at all.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Best wishes for both of you and our prayers Jeff, unfortunately sometimes the doc's are right about rehab procedures. Those crutches can hurt :waving:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
imported post

I sure hope the best for everybody trying to recover.

Recovering can really suck and it only gets worse with age. What once was a minor inconvenience for a few days as a kid on dirt bikes would put me out for a month now but it's still fun.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

Ric, we asked about going to the wound center and this doc said he is an expert on the matter and is writing a book on the subject.......we will see how good he is next Wed and if it doesn't begin to get better I will take her to the Wound Center in Tuscaloosa pretty quick. I have been told he is a pretty good doc when it comes to tissue damage on compound fractures so I will give him some rope for now.

Yea, I know the doc is right......but like I told him, it only causes a limp and I have been limping for years now....lol I have been as good as I can be with it though, just have a few times where I can't walk on them and do what I have to do for Amy. I will be fine though.

Years ago when I played football, baseball, and soccer, I constantly took blows that would have made the bike accident look smaller than it actually was and would get up and run back to the huddle or keep on playing without having to shake it off!!! It has been almost 3 weeks and I haven't even began to shake this one off!!!!!!

Jeff

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
It has been almost 3 weeks and I haven't even began to shake this one off!!!!!!

Jeff
Hey Jeff, Amy was not involved in your other happenings ......................, that is a large part of what you can't shake off :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

True the events that took place that day are weighing on me pretty heavily, that may not ever wear off! I always accepted the risks of riding and never gave it a second thought. Amy enjoyed it almost as much as I do, but I don't think either of us were prepared for what happened. I don't know if I would let her ride again even if she changes her mind one day down the road.

What I was referring to though was the beating I took on the landing that day when we were thrown from the bike. I hit and bounced and rolled at about 30mph and am still bruised and sore all over. Twenty years ago I would have just gotten up and walked it off, these days, it is a still hurting pretty well. It hurts so bad I can't even relax in a hot tub........ and that is saying something for sure!

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Well getting older is a bummer, but it beats the alternative hands down Jay

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Jeff if theres anything we can do please let us know by the way Sandra is doing good she started drivivg again cant keep her out of the streets now OUR PRAYERS go to to yall get well soon

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

Jeff u havent posted an update on AMY give us an update how shes doing

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

She sat up longer today than she has since the wreck, which is a very good sign. She is still hurting pretty well where they had to remove so much muscle tissue, the place where the bone stuck through. The place where the grafts were taken from seem to be healing up pretty well for her, I saw one of them today and it is scabbing over nicely which is good!!

We go back to the doc on Monday to see how the grafts are doing. When I saw them last Saturday, they looked nice and pink which is what they were looking for. Hopefully they will take the staples out where they them in place to hold the grafts this Monday. Still haven't heard how the bones are healing and hopefully we will find out when we go.

I am hoping she will be able to wear the walking boot they wanted her to wear after the surgery in a few weeks after the grafts have healed up. Just have to keep our fingers crossed on that.

I go back to the doc myself on the 15th to talk about having knee surgery if the bone has healed back on the lower part of the knee joint. I think it will be cause I been walking without any pain, just a little tender still when I climb a step.

That's about all for now, thanks for asking and tell your GF we said hello and hope she is healed and able to get around like she did before her surgery!!!

Thanks again for all of the prayers!!!

Jeff

321 - 334 of 334 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.