Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I bought mine from Honda.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Nothing will beat the Honda Service Manual for your year. Others are good information, but just not the same. Try to look around and locate a service manual, I see them on EBay quite often. You end up paying more than the others, but well worth it. :cooler:

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't buy either, I would download one

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

I prefer Haynes manuals over Clymer manuals, I think the pic are clearer and usually Haynes seem to rely less on special tools, and sometimes Haynes has some nice tips on some procedures.

·
Just me.
2,746 Posts
imported post

I like FREE.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

My first choice is the Honda service manual available from Helm Inc. Second choice is the Clymer manual. I find it has more detail than the Haynes but that's my opinion. The downloadable manuals are well worth getting, I use them when I'm online and don't want to go get my printed manuals.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The downloadable manuals are well worth getting, I use them when I'm online and don't want to go get my printed manuals.
I have them downloaded to both my PC and my Acer Aspire Netbook(for when I'm on the road) for the same reason as Paul.

I picked up the official Honda Service Manual for $45 Cdn from an online advert, for when I'm working on it in the garage/shop.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

I have one of each. Honda SM, Clymer Haynes and downloaded (it comes in handy on the seach feature thingy)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

I have found over the years that nothing beats the factory manual. They designed and produced the bike so they know the ins and outs. I'm not saying that they know all but overall they are the best. I also prefer the book over online or CD as I'm not very computer literate. I like pictures I can stand next to the bike and compare. Just my opinion!
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I wouldn't buy either, I would download one free
Actually, while the downloadable manuals are great for a quick reference, I actually bought the Honda service manual, so I could have something to carry into the garage to refer to. Easier to read tiny things like schematics, and the pictures are clearer, too.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I wouldn't buy either, I would download one free
Actually, while the downloadable manuals are great for a quick reference, I actually bought the Honda service manual, so I could have something to carry into the garage to refer to. Easier to read tiny things like schematics, and the pictures are clearer, too.
I print the specific pages I need and then throw them away when done. I enlarge when necessary.

I have thought about printing a copy for the reading room but haven't found a good way to bind the resulting book. It's 761 pages long. Even printed front and back it stil makes for a hefty book.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I wouldn't buy either, I would download one
Download and full shop manual....me too.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

I by as many as i can and download as Graham B said gap's in are filled by the other .

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

britman and Graham B are right. Honda might be the best but on any given subject you might find better detail in the others.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.