Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A Service of Remembrance organised by the Royal British Legion Riders Branch will be held at the Ace Cafe.

Lest we forget.

All welcome.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Will be there for this one. I might even win the trophy for the shortest travelled!!:goofygrin:

Wonder if Shrek snr will be there?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

OK please what are timings ect .:baffled::baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That would be 11.00 on the 11/11th mate. :doh:

Seriously though, I think the vast majority are getting there early for a nice greasy breakfast at the Ace, plus a chin wag before the service starts.

I have been asked to do some filming for the RBLR promotional video, so shall be trying to sort some camera equipment from Helen the Viking's son who runs a film company, so don't forget to brush your hair and do your make up!!!:goofygrin:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Paul and i are going down on Saturday and staying in a travel lodge. see you all on Sunday morning.

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Well done all those that are attending, too far forus to travel but we are going to the local service, and intrestingly enough the Headmaster of Bryony's (she is six and a half) has asked for as many children from the school to attend as possible.

We should never forget, and WE should ensure that the furture generations are not allowed to forget.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

they should never be forgot

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

well we had a good weekend in London the service was very good with a large turnout. i must say that i was very cold be the time we got home.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Had an enjoyable weekend all round. Nice to meet up with GM and Christine again and have a short chin wag at the AGM followed by a nice greasey breakfast and well turned out Rememberance parade.

Shek snr. and hisPrincess Fiona just made the parade, having toured the North Circular for some hours before, getting lost, he really should invest in a Sat Nav, rather than rely on a Sat Nag!!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:( or phone directions from me!!!!)

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear you all had a good time, what on earth is shreck doing phoning 'Mystery tour Guru' for directions. Now if he hadphonedHelen the Viking she would have been able to give explicit instructions...:coollep:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Glad to hear you all had a good time, what on earth is shreck doing phoning 'Mystery tour Guru' for directions. Now if he hadphonedHelen the Viking she would have been able to give explicit instructions...:coollep:
Phoning me was a last resort and didn't help them one bit, since I had no idea where they were when they told me!!! My knowledge of London and the surrounding areas is as good as useless and being on the West side Helen wasn't much better. If it had been on the East side, Helen would have been much more use as she seems to know the East end like the back of her hand. I have never been a "townie" and avoid London like the plague usually. A rememberance day parade is an exception.

All credit to Shrek snr. despite steam coming out of his green ears he still persevered and made it in the middle of the service.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Its OK have chilled out now, it was a very stressful trip, have been to ACE three times now each time bye a different route. That said we did arrive just in time, but did not have much time for a natter with people who had to travel home. The instructions given by Silverfox were spot on if we had been in the right place.:baffled::baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Its OK have chilled out now, it was a very stressful trip, have been to ACE three times now each time bye a different route. That said we did arrive just in time, but did not have much time for a natter with people who had to travel home. The instructions given by Silverfox were spot on if we had been in the right place.:baffled::baffled::baffled:
"The instructions given by Silverfox were spot on if we had been in the right place.":cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:It's a classic!!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Just for Taffy, a picture of a bike that did make it on time to the parade!!!:D:D.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
imported post

Who's bike is that then ??? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

SHREK snr wrote:
Who's bike is that then ??? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Not sure shreck snr, it might be one from Geordiemuppet's stable, but its unlike him to purchase a slower colour...:coollep:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hmmmmmph!!! :pOn that note, I am off to earn a crust!!!!. ( I will have to have words with you Shrek, on Sunday.

(Incidentally, depending how deep your pockets are, my mate will I think accept £5750 at a push for what we were talking of last night.... food for thought. :baffled:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.