Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Setting floats correctly on a 1980 gl1100

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  GLblinded 
#1 ·
Ive read the book looked at some discussions on this and want to get it right. I rebuilt my carbs, cleaned em new accelerator pump, air cut off valves. Didnt see adjusting the floats till after i put em on started up and the number 2 cylinder was being drowned! Do i set it till the tang on the float touches the pin on the float needle and use the .610 measurement fromvthe body to rop of float.

#5 ·
Thats what i thoughtand then the .610" to the float arm from body of carb. One of my float needles the tip pin is stuck think i need new ones. But after rebuild the #2 cylinder was flooded with gas. So everything says the float level

#8 ·
With a few sprays of carb cleaner and a pair of tweezers you may be able to free up the little pin. It is spring loaded inside....

Reactions: GLblinded
#17 ·
I just had to go look at mine, it came from Harbor Freight.... it is fairly small compared to the Industrial one I used to have.... that one held two gallons of water & soap.

anyway, mine has a Stainless Steel vat in it, along with some plastic baskets to hold delicate things off the bottom... Wrist watches, eyeglasses, trinkets, bracelets, women's jewelry, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.