Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Morning

I.m still in search for trike setup instruction for my 1996 Goldwing Asp with Lehman Monarch conversion. I've emailed Lehman but didn't get the response I wanted. I want to raise the rear for tire clearance and more ground clearance. I hate hearing my exhaust drag under certain conditions. I want to know if shock pivots can be changed to get more height ( they're already at top of stroke so it can't be adjusted with air shocks) I'm wondering about drive shaft angle and change of weight distribution to front wheel. Anyone have a swing arm torque spec for this trike.

Frost my butt off yesterday at 10 degrees

Thanks the Trikester

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

:cool:Another "extra wheeler"! Hi, I been going through the same thing with my MotorTrike. It's like pulling teeth to get anyone from the manufacturers to help you out. I don't know how similar our trikes are, but in my case the shocks are adjustable just like a two wheel wing. There are notches on the shocks/coil springs that adjust ride firmness and hieght. Also, I have "ladder bars" and they allow some adjustments, but that is a nightmare best done by an installer.I could never get the time to go to one, so I was persistant and did it myself. Good luck with it , nice to meet ya! jimsjinx:waving:

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
imported post

Just a quick question? How long ago was the conversion done and have you talked to Casey Chase in customer service? Casey is one of their techs but he is easier to get to through customer service. You will find that there is no manual or tech sheets or whatever. All Lehman installers whether its a dealer or factoryget certified for installs through the factory. There is no written word that can be used for installs.If you need a dealer to talk to

http://www.timms-trikes.com/

Al Timm is a great guy. He fixed mine and it was a factory install. He is a real nice guy to talk to and been with the product quite a few years. When he fixed mine I took my trike the 346 miles up to his shop. Thats how well i was impressed.
Mike

·
Honda Guru
2,050 Posts
imported post

During the period 05-07 I was a certified Lehman installer tech. I flew to Minnesota to Timm's Trikes for my training and agree that Al Timm IS a great guy with a beautiful dealership. When I was there the showroom was still under construction but the service dept was fully operational.... it is showplace!
There ARE printed instructions for the GL1500 but they aren't available to the general public. My best suggestion is to contact Al Timm for assistance. He's great with special modifications and is renowned for his ability to 'make it work'.
If the trike was properly set-up the exhaust shouldn't drag except over some curbs, speed bumps or the like. Some taller ratio tires might be the best and easiest suggestion. Call Al!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.