Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As many of you may know, I make a little side business of out buying and reselling nice GL-1200 and GL-1500 Goldwings.

Recently I found and resold a really *really* nice 1985 Honda Goldwing LTD.

I sold it to a repeat-customer of mine in Canada. He was happy to re-buy from me, and I was as happy to have repeat business. As before, he engaged HAULBIKES.COM to ship his new acquisition to the US/Canada Border where he came down and got it to take home.

I've had lots of experience with HAULBIKES and have never hestiated to recommend them. That is - UNTIL NOW.

I received an email from my client, asking if the windshield was broken when I sent the bike. He said it was broken, and had even indicated so on the HaulBikes inspection report.

One thing about HaulBikes - if you have a "tall bike" that is, one with a windsheld, they make you remove it as their trailer is "two stories" and neither one is tall enough to accomodate a Goldwing or such.

I went to my garage and got my copy of the report. No notation of a broken windshield. None at all. Just the normal notation of scratches and such.

It was added after I'd handed the bike over, and received my copy - and most probably after the driver broke it himself.

Shame on the driver - shame on HaulBikes for encouraging this behaviour - I'll NEVER EVER recommend them again.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I hate bad business practices, be man enough to own up to your mistakes, hell, they're gonna happen, admit it, fix it and move on.

So now this $100 windshield will cost them Thousands in loss business, I hope it was worth it for them to treat a customer like that.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

I'd say it ain't over yet, send a copy of your report to the new owner and have him file a claim. They might pay up, then find out who altered the report and can their butt.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

DougW wrote:
I'd say it ain't over yet, send a copy of your report to the new owner and have him file a claim. They might pay up, then find out who altered the report and can their butt.
Yup - did that. I'll see what happens next week.

In the mean time I've copied HaulBikes on this thread, and the same thread on Sport-Touring.net that I created.

I want them to see that news gets spread out on the internet.

·
Administrator
26,152 Posts
imported post

I think you are being a little unjust to the company.Maybe the driver did the damage and tried to cover it up. The company has no idea what happened until a report is filed. Then with your copy of the paperwork showing what the condition of the bike was when he picked it up they will probably pay for it but if not then you can trash them to your satisfaction. I have no affiliation with nor have I ever even heard of this company, just voicing my unbiased opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I think you are being a little unjust to the company.Maybe the driver did the damage and tried to cover it up. The company has no idea what happened until a report is filed. Then with your copy of the paperwork showing what the condition of the bike was when he picked it up they will probably pay for it but if not then you can trash them to your satisfaction. I have no affiliation with nor have I ever even heard of this company, just voicing my unbiased opinion.
+1

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I think you are being a little unjust to the company. Obviously the driver did the damage and tried to cover it up. The company has no idea what happened until a report is filed. Then with your copy of the paperwork showing what the condition of the bike was when he picked it up they will probably pay for it but if not then you can trash them to your satisfaction. I have no affiliation with nor have I ever even heard of this company, just voicing my unbiased opinion.

I kind of agree with this...... Unless there's been a goodly amount of time (say two weeks or more) and you have filed all the correct paperwork with the company, and they have not responded, I feel you may be prejudiced in your posting this and may be jumping to conclusions. If you have done all that YOU and the new owner can do and you still hear nothing back THEN you have EVEY RIGHT to jump up and down and clobber them silly, as much as you can anyway!!!!!!!! Those are my two pennies.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

If they come to the rescue on this - I will post the results.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
+2

Agree Totally.

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I sincerely hope the optimism shown by these posts comes true. I'll be happy to make a big bowl of marinara sauce and eat my words should HaulBikes make my customer whole.

In any case, to whomever covered the damage, SHAME on them. They're caught, and I guess they never thought that perhaps the shipper having a copy of the papers would come back to haunt them.

I'm looking VERY forward to posting a retraction.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
I sincerely hope the optimism shown by these posts comes true. I'll be happy to make a big bowl of marinara sauce and eat my words should HaulBikes make my customer whole.

In any case, to whomever covered the damage, SHAME on them. They're caught, and I guess they never thought that perhaps the shipper having a copy of the papers would come back to haunt them.

I'm looking VERY forward to posting a retraction.
I don't view it as optimism, but rather, fairness.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I don't see my viewpoint as either negative or cynical. Just modern realism.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Things get broke in transit, that's why they have shipping insurance.
A phone call should rectify that quickly, and is the first thing to do before posting negative.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

vtxcandyred wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I think you are being a little unjust to the company. Obviously the driver did the damage and tried to cover it up. The company has no idea what happened until a report is filed. Then with your copy of the paperwork showing what the condition of the bike was when he picked it up they will probably pay for it but if not then you can trash them to your satisfaction. I have no affiliation with nor have I ever even heard of this company, just voicing my unbiased opinion.

I kind of agree with this...... Unless there's been a goodly amount of time (say two weeks or more) and you have filed all the correct paperwork with the company, and they have not responded, I feel you may be prejudiced in your posting this and may be jumping to conclusions. If you have done all that YOU and the new owner can do and you still hear nothing back THEN you have EVEY RIGHT to jump up and down and clobber them silly, as much as you can anyway!!!!!!!! Those are my two pennies.
I agree. Sometimes s**t happens and that's why they have insurance. If you have been communicating with them Rusty, let it run its normal course. You just never know, they might do the right thing after all.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

You are probably dissapointed in them Dusty, but give them a little time to make amends.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i know the feeling on shipping problems

i ordered my tool box brand new from matco, the shipping company that took care of the shipping delivered it first time was a large scratch on it, the second time was a hole in it from a fork lift

finally the third time it was perfect i spent 13,000 on the box so maybe im picky but someone in the company didnt like me. lol

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

What I do agree with Rusty on is that someone in the hauling company broke the windshield and covered it up by doctoring the paper work and passing that off to Rusty's customer, as if Rusty was to blame. I don't blame Rusty for being disappointed with them right now.

Did the buyer contact the shipper yet?
What was the result of that?[align=left][/align]

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Zeke66 wrote:
vtxcandyred wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
I agree. Sometimes s**t happens and that's why they have insurance. If you have been communicating with them Rusty, let it run its normal course. You just never know, they might do the right thing after all.
Too quick on the draw to crucifie.... A cover up by the driver will need to be exposed and that will take time ...The more instant we get By electronic standards doesn't always mean we are up to speed in the real world. It is the main drawback I have with Angies list. Neg reports are not removable they can only be justified true or not. We need to be a bit more tolerant in some cases.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

too bad you couldnt have gotten pictures of the bike before it was loaded and a witness there to inspect loading.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
too bad you couldnt have gotten pictures of the bike before it was loaded and a witness there to inspect loading.
Got that. ... but.

No pictures of the windshield.

My witness is out of town on vacation.

The customer that employed them contacted them, and is getting told, "It's noted on the paperwork that it's broken." We'll see what happens when he sends the .PDF of my copy of the paperwork to them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.