Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like they are having a cookout [Hamburgers and Hot Dogs] at Shawnee Honda on Saturday 25 May 2019. If anyone is interested, I know it's Memorial Day Weekend so probably won't be a big turnout, but if anyone wants to meet up, they start at 11:00 hrs until 13:00 hrs or until they run out of food, whichever comes first. I try to be there at 11:00 to make sure I get my fair share... lol :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Anybody still planning to attend this event?

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody still planning to attend this event?
I am, will be riding with two of my neighbors, leaving I240 and Sooner Rd. at 10:15 hrs unless it's raining which I don't see in the forecast

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Been a while Dave see you there.

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
I am going to try and make it....
will have to see how much it hurts my shoulder as I back the bike out of the shop, and get it turned around to point at the street.

I have both of your cellphone #s, am creating a group for just us right now, so expect a ping in a bit.

will let you know if to expect me or not?

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be up for sure and done with breakfast by that time and ready for lunch in Shawnee lol

·
Administrator
24,385 Posts
I am going to try to make it if I get up early enough. It's about 4 1/2 hours for me.

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Get your butts on down here.

·
Administrator
24,385 Posts
Not gonna make it, slept, if you can call it that, until 0545. Would have to be rolling by 0630 and I ain't that quick anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not gonna make it, slept, if you can call it that, until 0545. Would have to be rolling by 0630 and I ain't that quick anymore.
no problem, have a great day...

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
fully understand Dave, get some rest...

I have to take a shower, and then look at the wx and the bike, and see if my shoulder will allow me to back it out of the shop. if it don't, then I will drive the car down....

argh!!! it is raining and water is being reported over the highway south of me.

I am canceling out, my shoulder is giving me a rashion of crap anyway, I would not be able to hold the handlebars that long.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
argh!!! it is raining and water is being reported over the highway south of me.

I am canceling out,
Keep the rain up your way it's nice here right now so don't send the rain here I don't have the pontoons for my bike lol have a great day

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
after I sent my 'cancel message', I laid back down and immedately fell asleep again.

just now woke up, and wanted to see how y'all are doing?
it is 11:45 so the Hotdogs and Hamburgers should be slinging off the grill in fine fashion yet.

sigh! I had my mouth set up to enjoy fine food and company.
next time is June 22nd, and I will be at NASR12 and missing this again.

so, it seems that July 27th will be our next opportunity..... and it just might be 'way too hot' for me to ride that far?? sigh!

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
I am glad that Dave and I backed out of going to Shawnee.

the forecast for severe flooding has just been released and all roads into/out of Oologah, OK are going to be closed this afternoon due to severe flooding.

169 north is still closed. 169 south was earlier this morning, and is predicted to be again this afternoon.

going west is not an option, all are small county roads that have deep washes that are full of water, closing all of our little roads.... lots of ranchers can't get to their cattle to feed them.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am glad that Dave and I backed out of going to Shawnee.

the forecast for severe flooding has just been released and all roads into/out of Oologah, OK are going to be closed this afternoon due to severe flooding.

169 north is still closed. 169 south was earlier this morning, and is predicted to be again this afternoon.

going west is not an option, all are small county roads that have deep washes that are full of water, closing all of our little roads.... lots of ranchers can't get to their cattle to feed them.

That doesn't sound good if you did the ride you would have had to stay overnight somewhere, you wouldn't be able to get home the way the roads are in your area. I'm glad we didn't run into any rain, started getting hot on the way back home this afternoon.

·
Administrator
24,385 Posts
Looks like I would have been fine had I went. All the rain went North of where I would have been.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts