Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one interested in going to Shawnee Honda Saturday 27 Jun15 at 11:00 hrs. We can have a M&G, if they don't have the free hot dogs we can go to the Cracker Barrel restaurant next door. Anyone from OKC or Tulsa area interested in meeting. Anyone is welcome if you feel up to riding to Shawnee Ok

·
Administrator
57,366 Posts
I'm interested and my calendar is open, the wx chart shows a 40% chance of rain that day... meaning that somewhere in the state, it will maybe rain.

Have to see how things are that morning.

Just takes one guy/gal to say "Hey, I'm going..... ya'll come now, ya heah?" :)

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at the weather and it shows 20% chance of rain. It looks like I'll be there and if they have FREE hot dogs I'll buy....lol

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Hey Dave. That's an awfully long ride. But maybe I can make it. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dave. That's an awfully long ride. But maybe I can make it. LOL

yeah, I figure 11:00 to get the FREE food, then go up to route 66 and stop at SEBA station for a few minutes then ride 66 a while and head back supposed to be 85 Saturday, Hopefully will be a great day to Ride...

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
57,366 Posts
yeah, I figure 11:00 to get the FREE food, then go up to route 66 and stop at SEBA station for a few minutes then ride 66 a while and head back supposed to be 85 Saturday, Hopefully will be a great day to Ride...

Where you thinking you might want to go up and catch Route 66?
66 almost goes by my house.... if you allow for about 13 miles to the east of my home over in Claremore.

I will probably take OK-177 north to I-44 and then head back home.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where you thinking you might want to go up and catch Route 66?
66 almost goes by my house.... if you allow for about 13 miles to the east of my home over in Claremore.

I will probably take OK-177 north to I-44 and then head back home.
We can take 177 north to 66 turn right SEBA Station about 1/2 mile on the left. Then if you want to double back to 177 you can get I-44 will figure something out Ding Dong might go with me to POPS on the way back home from SEBA, if he goes, will play that part by ear.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lionelog50 and dingdong,
Do you have a CB and if you do what channel will you use?
I have one, usually don't use it, but I'll put it on channel 1

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Meeting up with Charlie and Connie (flylow) over at the QT on Hwy 20 and US-75 around 8:30 tmw morning.

We should arrive sometime around 10:30ish
That sounds good, my riding buddy is coming over to my house at 07:30 hrs we should get there between 10:30 and 11:00 hrs. Will see you guys there. I think Tom (Ding Dong) was planning on being there also, so whoever shows up it will be nice to meet up with you guys.

·
Administrator
57,366 Posts
doubt anyone has time to read this before we all saddle up and leave.

but, dang, dang, dang..... the cigarette power socket the PO installed on my 1800 has a problem. If no load, it shows up 12-14 volts just fine. I can even install my 4 port power splitter and all four LEDs will light up bright when switched ON.

Plug in my 2797 GPS though, and the LEDs dim to almost nothing, and the GPS won't even power up.

dang it, dang it....
got more sleuthing to do.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Sorry guys but my sister came in yesterday. I didn't know she was coming in. Looks like I won't be there. Later.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry guys but my sister came in yesterday. I didn't know she was coming in. Looks like I won't be there. Later.
No problem Tom, will get together again later. Have a good visit with your family

·
Administrator
57,366 Posts
Anyone here you know?

Apologies for my excellent camera work :surprise:

cellphones are not the fastest responding things to "click" want the picture..
mine takes a few seconds and then it goes "snap"

PhotoBucket loads everything in reverse order....

The first photos are at the Seba Station Museum on Route 66

then the last 3 are John (Dave's friend), Dave, and Charlie (at his finest >:) )

John has a beautiful CTX

http://s1067.photobucket.com/user/Dryheat2012/slideshow/Shawnee Honda Motorsports?sort=3

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was fast camera work John. It was a nice day for a ride, and meeting forum friends. Everyone had a bite to eat and a face to face meeting along with a short ride up to US 66 a little west of Chandler.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.