Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys i just want to say thank you for all your help with all my questions she finally runs, a lil rough but she runs! i think the carbs need synced and i need help bleeding the clutch but i am sooo happy she runs. so if any one knows how to bleed the clutch cos the fluid is like goo and if anyone knows how to sync carbs then please let me know!!

thanks Ali

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Great start!!!! My 82 don't have a hydraulic clutch, so I'm sure one of the guys that have done it will be on shortly.........congrats on getting it as far as you have......springs almost here:shock: I hope!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

:clapper::clapper::clapper:way to go its a good start, i know how to do those things but your kinda far away:(

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear she's finally running.
Bleeding a hydraulic clutch can be a bear. A vacuum bleeder if available would do it or putting fluid in a plastic bottle or large syringe with a hose attached and forcing fluid backwards up the line. Be careful to not get fluid on the plastic parts as it will destroy them.
There is a carb sync gauge loaner program in the reference & FAQ forum. Unless you have cleaned the carbs it probably won't help though.
Sorry, that should be the for sale forum for the tool loaner program.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i have a vacuum pump that i got for something else cant remember what. i knew i could use it but i just dont know the technique or were to use it! somebody mentioned the loaner carb sync kit i will check it out. do i attach the vacuum pump to the pot on the handlebars?

thanks Ali

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

If you check out some internet shopping sites, or your local dealer, you can get your very own 4-tube carb sync that includes the necessary honda adapters for less than a hundred dollars shipped.

Since the carb sync interval is every 8,000 miles, why not own one?

I have a MotionPro SyncPro.

·
Administrator
26,577 Posts
imported post

ali wrote:
i have a vacuum pump that i got for something else cant remember what. i knew i could use it but i just dont know the technique or were to use it! somebody mentioned the loaner carb sync kit i will check it out. do i attach the vacuum pump to the pot on the handlebars?

thanks Ali
Connect the hose to the bleeder screw, other end to the little bottle (hope you have that) on one side of the cap with a little hose that goes inside the bottle, connect the pump with another hose to the other side of the bottle, fill the master cyl. open the bleeder 1/4 turn and pump. Be sure to keep the reservoir filled while pumping.
Also don't let any brake fluid get into the vacuum pump as it will be instantly worthless.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Harbor Freight has a real good pump that works great, I had the same problem until I decided to pick one up. Hooked it up and had everything working great inabout5minutes. Just remember to monitor the fluid level in your resevoir, keep it filled while your pumping that old fluid out.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
If you check out some internet shopping sites, or your local dealer, you can get your very own 4-tube carb sync that includes the necessary honda adapters
What exactly are the necessary Honda adapters. I am looking at adding this to my arsenol of motorycycle tools.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I believe hes refering to the 5mm adapters that screw into the intake tubes, so the hose for the vacuum gauges can be attached. I tried finding them locally at different auto stores and industrial supply houses no go. Had to get them at the dealer.,,

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Connect the hose to the bleeder screw, other end to the little bottle (hope you have that) on one side of the cap with a little hose that goes inside the bottle, connect the pump with another hose to the other side of the bottle,  fill the master cyl. open the bleeder 1/4 turn and pump. Be sure to keep the reservoir filled while pumping.
Also don't let any brake fluid get into the vacuum pump as it will be instantly worthless.
[/quote]

ok sorry for the moronic response! my mechanical knowledge is poor (i am a quick learner and have a nac for fixing things!) so anyway i get that the pump is to be attached to the bleeder screw (thats the one under the bike behind the rear brake peddle right?) and the vacuum pump does have a bottle on it (said on the packet it would bleed brakes) so i have one end in the screw hole and other to the bottle, but i dont get how i connect another hose to it? do i do this at the same time? i know i have to keep the reservoir topped up is it not as simple as pouring the fluid into the top of the reservoir as im pumping? gain sorry for the ridiculous questions!

thank you Ali:baffled:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

sorry the top of that was quoted by Davogd430 i kinda messed up the quote!

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

ali wrote:
ok sorry for the moronic response! my mechanical knowledge is poor (i am a quick learner and have a nac for fixing things!) so anyway i get that the pump is to be attached to the bleeder screw (thats the one under the bike behind the rear brake peddle right?) and the vacuum pump does have a bottle on it (said on the packet it would bleed brakes) so i have one end in the screw hole and other to the bottle, but i dont get how i connect another hose to it? do i do this at the same time? i know i have to keep the reservoir topped up is it not as simple as pouring the fluid into the top of the reservoir as im pumping? gain sorry for the ridiculous questions!

thank you Ali:baffled:
[/quote]

This should clear things up...

Your bottle's cover should have 2 hose fitting attachmentson it for 2 hoses: connect one hose to the bleeder; and connect the otherhose to your vacuum pump.

Fill up the clutch reservoir on your handlebars, make sure that the hoses are still securely attached to the bottle and the pump and the bleeder screw. Then open up your bleeder and use your pump. Watch your bottle as it fills up for 'no more bubbles.' And this is important like others have said: Don't let the clutch master cylinder run out of fluid, or you'll have to do the whole procedure again.:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Big Cahuna wrote:
I believe hes refering to the 5mm adapters that screw into the intake tubes, so the hose for the vacuum gauges can be attached. I tried finding them locally at different auto stores and industrial supply houses no go. Had to get them at the dealer.,,
Yes, the 5mm screw in adapters that take the place of the Phillips screws.

For those unfamiliar, your vacuum ports are "plugged" with Phillips screws. You remove the screws and replace them with metal screw-in tubes. These tubes can be fitted-over with the vacuum line from your sync tool.

Check out Motion-Pro. The SyncPro has the Honda Adapters included with it for under $100. Or the Honda adapters alone are available for less than $20 if you already have a Carb Sync tool or are making one home-made.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I saw the motion pro tool for $50 bucks one day and didnt think to snatch them. They are back up to $80.

with $100 you can get yourself the harbor freight vacuum bleeder and the synch tool.

The quote about damaging the poump is true. Mine is no good anymore because i was careless allowing fluid to enter the pump. NO MORE VACUUM.

You can also try speed bleeders . They work great on my brakes. You just open the bleeder a 1/4 turn and start pumping. The pressure will push the spring loaded mechanism inside the bleeder and force its way out, not allowing air or debris to retun into the hydraulic system.

One handed you can bleed the air out of keep bleeding till all your fluid is fresh and clean.

http://www.goldwingcountry.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=0&manufacturer_ID=349&product_ID=13004&sblid_name=Speed_Bleeder_Products_Speed_Bleeders__Goldwing

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
rgbeard wrote:
If you check out some internet shopping sites, or your local dealer, you can get your very own 4-tube carb sync that includes the necessary honda adapters
What exactly are the necessary Honda adapters. I am looking at adding this to my arsenol of motorycycle tools.
i made my own using 3/16 break line and a 5mm die some 5mm nuts and "o" rings

if youd like me to make a set for you p.m. me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.