Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well. you asked me to keep you up to date. on this thread ill be posting my process of repairing my wing after the crash and maybe asking for some tips.

well after removing some plastic parts. i removed the clutch reservoir cover and it was almost empty. connected my vacuum pump on the bleed plug and started sucking all the old fluid while adding new. now the clutch lever feels even harder than before, i cant tell the last time i checked the level, but i never changed the fluid it since i bought her. ill bleed both brakes and change pads while i fix the cosmetics.

after adding the quarter of oil that was missing. added 160 ml of seafoam on the crankcase oil and all the funny noises are now gone, engine sounds much better now. after bleeding the clutch i couldn't resist to have a test ride:action::action:. went around the block and its working perfectly goes in straight line. and handles ok. back on the garage i noticed the handlebars seem to move a litte bit more to the right side than the left, the left seems to stop at some point preventing the triple tree to hit the false tank, when i turn the bars to the right the triple tree hits the false tank. seems lik the stop is broken or something like that. do you have any input about this? i cant remember well but i thikn it wasn't like this before.

:cool::action: a happy William :D

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

I am sure the bars are bent, even a little. I tried to unbend a set of CB750 bars once with no success. You may need new/ nice used bars.

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
imported post

There are stops on both sides of the steering stem. I think you can see them from the bottom under the fairing if you don't have it off. One of them may have broken off indeed.
Good to hear it is still rideable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.