Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Large Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened on the way to work this morning. Was lucky enough to be able to pull over safely when this happened to get the picture. Am now a member of the 100000 club-is there such a thing? But I suppose this now reduces the value of the bike for resale, as if I was considering that, anyway. That's ok, it'll be around for a long time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Congrats!! I'm 1.5 years away on this one.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,235 Posts
Am now a member of the 100000 club-is there such a thing? But I suppose this now reduces the value of the bike for resale, as if I was considering that, anyway. That's ok, it'll be around for a long time.
I am going to say 'no' to lessened value and here is why: When mine got totaled they contacted me with a dollar amount that was fair. He then confirmed details and when I told him it had 128,000 miles he went ooh- wait. The new number offered was WAY lower and unacceptable to me. I asked to speak to a manager/adjuster. Easy since it is common. I explained about GW's not being normal motorcycles and 100k plus was common, and I emailed him links to bikes with comparable mileage as mine for around their original offer. He agreed with me almost instantly and I got the fair payout price.

As for the club, kind of! I did a web search for stickers and put one on mine showing the 100,000 odometer turning to 100,001. They are common for diesel Volvos and Mercedes. I liked having it on there and it started more than one nice conversation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.