Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Where is the best place to buy a quality sheep skin seat cover for a 1500 SEin the US?



Dane
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Watch out, REDWING is partial to his sheep.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
805 Posts
imported post

There was a company that made sheepskin covers for GL1200's, I believe it was A. Fullmer, but I've seen none custom fit to GL1500's.

You may want to buy a car sheepskin, do some surgery on it and place some hook and loop fasteners (Velcro) on it and the seat to hold it in place.

Myself, I believe that I'm going to try the Tavelcade Road Sofa. Will order after the holiday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
760 Posts
imported post

If you are up for a bid of a ride then there is a guy that sets up in Adair OK. every weekend. He sells NewZeland sheep skins for about 80 each. They are very nice lots of different colors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

That may be a worthwhile ride for a sheep skin. Would you give me more specifics as to the location.

Do you know if he lives in the area?

That would be about a four hour ride for me.

Thanks for the information.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
760 Posts
imported post

The guy sets up weekends on the corner of Highway 69 and highway 28. Thats about 18 miles from my house. If you are planing on taking the ride some weekend send me a message if I can I will run over and make sure he is set up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey Ran429, I went into a "Bar" in Montana and they had "Sheep" in a "Vending Machine" with the Chips and Beer Nuts and "Knee high boots"!:goofygrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
760 Posts
imported post

My wife is a bitproud of her new toy plus the skins
 

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
The guy sets up weekends on the corner of Highway 69 and highway 28. Thats about 18 miles from my house. If you are planing on taking the ride some weekend send me a message if I can I will run over and make sure he is set up.
I didn't think you guys in Oklahoma approved of sheep!:goofygrin:



Brojees, it's shep not sheep!:doh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

travelinmays wrote:
My wife is a bitproud of her new toy plus the skins
Patrick that thing needs a haircut!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
travelinmays wrote:
The guy sets up weekends on the corner of Highway 69 and highway 28. Thats about 18 miles from my house. If you are planing on taking the ride some weekend send me a message if I can I will run over and make sure he is set up.
I didn't think you guys in Oklahoma approved of sheep!:goofygrin:



Brojees, it's shep not sheep!:doh:
Oh........
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm sure I saw movies of cattlemen doing nasty things to people who had sheep in the midwest, like Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.:thumpingmad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
760 Posts
imported post

The sheep our plainsmen had problems with were live sheep and live sheep thatlive next door are an attraction to flies and Arkansasan's. These skins come from dead sheep that were raised elsewhere. No problem.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Still needs a haircut!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tried one of those sheep things once, bloody thing wouldn't stop wriggling andbleeting, and she who should be obeyed does enough of that for my liking!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
imported post

If you want a "good " price on a sheepskin /forums/images/emoticons/smile.gif.. and are willing to do a little fitting with scissors,and a little fastening with contact cement,and some Velcrow patches.... .... then the best prices  come from a "health " type shop.. check your Yellow pages.. there are dealers all around  who sell skins for babies with tender skin,and for the elderly, and for the wheelchair bound.... I got mine in Kelowna,  an interior  BC town , from such a skin dealer... front , sheep coloured for $26 (CDN), and rear   for   $22... with a little fitting,and cutting .. I had a skin for commuting,and one for my lady, when we travel together. I also got a larger Blue one for "dress occasions", for $75 (the bike is blue )... and the owner cut and patched a slit in it for my backrest ,while I waited.    I have met many Wingers who bought Alaska Skins.. and they look great.. but if you can use a soldering iron to install an EC harness.. then you can trim  your own skin to a perfect fit for about 1/4 the price.. SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
162 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Tried one of those sheep things once, bloody thing wouldn't stop wriggling andbleeting, and she who should be obeyed does enough of that for my liking!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete
Pete

Becareful you'll have folk talking about you!:action:

What ever you do don't wear your wellies for a few week! Lol:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top