Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:waiting:any ideas to where i could find a sheep skin seat cover and the antifreeze check level stick? the one i have in bike now is all twisted and curled up.:stumped:

love reading the posts in the forums

·
Pwhoever
3,181 Posts
imported post

For the sheepskin, take a short 1 hour roadtrip to the Ikea store in Bolingbrook. Inside you will find large metal bins with these in them:

I am using one right now and it works very well. You can trim it so it fits just the driver's seat or even leave it as one for both the driver and passenger seat. You can just place it on the seat and it stays there (which is what I did) or sew on some straps to keep it from coming off. You can look through the bin and find one that you feel is large enough and thick enough.

As far as the "dipstick" , you might try going to the dealer and ordering part #19104-MN5-000. It will be around $15. After you add in shipping costs from buying online, it would cost more than ordering from the dealer. IMHO, I would try just straightening it out by maybe putting it between 2 blocks of wood for a day or so. Or even just ignore it and look into the resevoir to make sure it has antifreeze in it. I don't believe having the proper level of antifreeze is as important as the level of oil in engine or oil in the forks.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Any of these sheepskin places have websites? Thanks....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

Or even Tandy Leather where I found mine for $29 last year.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Thanks guys!!!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

lots of good replies and places to look at. thanks for all the suggestions as to where to look

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

The coolant stick, Have you tried heating the stick and reforming it straight? It worked for mine

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

never thought of that. will have to try it,thanks.:gunhead::thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.