Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silicon Valley (Bay Area) and 6 counties with about 7 million people are in a "Shelter-in-place" condition.

After doing my best to make sure family, friends and neighbors are doing OK it was time to "polish the Beast". She looks good now, but what do I do for the remaining 20 days????? I've ordered oil, filters, and other stuff to make use of this "down" time so she'll be ready when its over.

EXPECT, AND PREPARE for this same situation in other regions across the nation in the very near future. Get the stuff you'll need to spruce up your rides and keep your hands busy fixing/fine tuning your ride.

Good luck to all, be safe and God bless

·
Magic Moderator
4,433 Posts
Everyone where I live at the apartment complex is very much staying indoors and venturing out occasionally. I have plenty to keep me busy from 6 jigsaw puzzles, to counted cross stitch, reading and tinkering with the computers. Best thing is wash your hands and use common sense.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am Sr. Systems Analyst at work, I am part of a small team of people who evaluate new products or software/firmware upgrades for existing products, primarily commercial Burglar/Fire alarm system and related equipment as well as central station monitoring equipment, to confirm such equipment or software meets our corporate standards. I work closely with the manufacturer's engineering teams and provide "Bug Reports" or info on any deficiencies in this equipment and suggest improvements. Our company does not sell/install any new equipment in either the field or the central station unless it has been evaluated and approved by our Lab first. Since the Lab is in the Central Monitoring Center, there's somewhere around 1500 employees at this office.

Since I ride Goldwings, I must be "old" (62 now). This puts me (and Deb, too) in the high risk group. Last thing I want to do is bring a bug home and give it to Deb, who works in health care.

Last week Corporate released an official statement to staff worldwide that any staff members with ability to work "remote" has corporate approval to do so, contingent on their Supervisor's approval. So Friday I loaded all my current projects from the Lab into the Jeep and brought them home. Deb isn't very happy having a Cherokee-load of boxes and equipment in the Den, but she was pestering me to start working remote, so she asked for it.

So now I'm pretty much sheltering in place and officially "Mostly Remote" (might have to go to Lab to make configuration changes to Lab monitoring systems depending on the project) and will remain "Remote" until further notice. Coworkers still reporting to the office say the IT office is pretty empty these days...

Nice thing about this is I skip the commute home, when I get off work I'm already home and there's a partially disassembled 1500 in the garage still waiting for me to install a bunch of accessories I've accumulated but still are on the workbench instead of the bike. And since tupperware is coming off I'll be checking some maint items at same time. So I won't be riding 1500 for a little while, the 1100 is ready to go though, I've had her out a few times already.

Just waiting for the weather to warm up a little more, I don't do well in a cold unheated garage. And it's supposed to snow 8" today!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
It does not impact me all that much. My son and I are busy pulling wire in the 2 houses we are building. Yesterday though we stopped to order stucco material and they say they will not allow anyone in the building. So I called them from outside and placed the order. Lots to do around here without socializing

·
Premium Member
38,098 Posts
Remodeling two rooms, so the last few days have been spent gathering materials before the lock down comes. Kids aren't happy we're going out, even with us taking all the recommended precautions. Bike is ready to go, but no lunch rides to our favorite restaurants I guess.

·
Administrator
58,404 Posts
We are Sheltering In Place, which for me, is no different than I have done for the last 3 years, more or less.

Since the cold weather hit, it has been a fact... I get out for dog food and a few grocery items at our local store... other than that, all of my travels are via the Internet.

as we have six acres of grass, when the flooding is over with, and the sun comes out in full force, I can get on the lawnmower and get some sun and fresh air. and wear a pollen mask, which is a requirement for me with a tendency for Asthma.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yesterday the Denver Mayor issued an order shutting down Denver for all but essential business & services (grocery - pharmacy - carry-out restaurants - gasoline - public safety & transit etc.) effective 5PM Tues (today) until April 10.

When questioned he said this shutdown included liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries, medical excluded.

The resulting immediate panic-buying frenzy at the booze and pot shops caused him to rescind that part of the order within hours, excluding these stores, instead saying they could stay open but must put "Social Distancing" practices in effect.

·
1,648 Posts
Yesterday the Denver Mayor issued an order shutting down Denver for all but essential business & services (grocery - pharmacy - carry-out restaurants - gasoline - public safety & transit etc.) effective 5PM Tues (today) until April 10.

When questioned he said this shutdown included liquor stores and marijuana dispensaries, medical excluded.

The resulting immediate panic-buying frenzy at the booze and pot shops caused him to rescind that part of the order within hours, excluding these stores, instead saying they could stay open but must put "Social Distancing" practices in effect.
Thank you for reminding me to buy liquor , - only have 5 or 6 gallons left:cry: ( i have heard it is a good idea to put your money in booze , - gives you around 40%(y)).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts