Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It has been so cold here the last week or so and I have no heat in my garage.So I hot my hammer and saws out and proceeded to open a wall up to my rec room in my basement.The wing is now in the room all cleaned up sitting on the rug near my easy chair in front of the TV waiting for warm weather,She sure looks good all cleaned up...........Wait there's a spot on the front fender I missed ...got to go...

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

You should try being here. Its been cold and wet for months and will be freezing and icy for another one. Mine is in the garage with no heating but has a fine coating of WD40 all over.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

That's a pretty picture. What TV shows does your GL watch?

Just kidding. I am mean to mine GLs. Out in the cold garage- 0F / -17C. I did cover them with a blanket, but, no cable TV for them!

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'd end up sitting on it watching TV.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Rudy wrote:
got to try that Rudy...

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
imported post

mine as you can see from my avatar has a nice warm garage but she has to share with my Kubota tractor/snow blower:D:D She does have her own easy chair and satellite tv:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I have watched TV on mine while sitting in the garage. It is quite comfortable sitting in the backseat with my feet propped up on a towel over the shelter. :action:

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

I'm afraid my significant other would not approve of me moving out the couch to make room. I would think if I did, it would instantly be the best looking room in the house.

:D

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

whitehouse wrote:
I'm afraid my significant other would not approve of me moving out the couch to make room. I would think if I did, it would instantly be the best looking room in the house.

:D
For sure....

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

Many years ago when I still lived in Massachusetts, and I was young and crazy (Now I'm old and crazy) I lived in a second floor apartment. That winter I had no place to store my 75 550F.

After watching D-day in the Animal House movie ride his bike up the stairs I went out and looked at the concrete stairs leading straight up to our apartment’s back door. I went to a local park that had a set of steps the same height and incline and practiced driving up them a few times. The first time I almost dumped it but then got the hang of it, you had to goose the throttle like you wanted to pull the front tire up and hit the stairs doing at least 40 mph.

I measured the handlebars and the extra wide door to make sure I could make it with at least two inches to spare. Then having one roommate hold the door and the other stand by in case it went horribly wrong I drove the bike up the stairs through the kitchen and kept it in my bedroom for the winter.

It made a good rack to hang my laundry from. My girlfriend at the time liked it in there for other reasons. :cooldevil:

In the spring I drove it out and down the stairs. My bike wintered in my bedroom for the two years I lived there.
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I can tell that someone here isn't married. :D

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
It has been so cold here the last week or so and I have no heat in my garage.So I hot my hammer and saws out and proceeded to open a wall up to my rec room in my basement.The wing is now in the room all cleaned up sitting on the rug near my easy chair in front of the TV waiting for warm weather,She sure looks good all cleaned up...........Wait there's a spot on the front fender I missed ...got to go...
I read this to Wendy to show I wasn't so bad, when her car isn't in the garage it's my work shop and home fo rthe wing. It sits on a square of burgundy carpet polished and shiny, I bought 3 king size sheets, sewed them together to keep her cozy. In my garage/workshop/den/place pf escape from 4 boys, I have a 19 inch tv (with remote of course), a coffee pot, table, electric coffee warmers for the mugs to sit on. Last summer I insulated it and bought a propane heater that makes it rather cozy in a light jacket.

At least once a day I go out for coffee and a smoke, throw back the sheet on wing, sit on one of the 3 padded kitchen chairs, watch a little tv and relax, dreaming of warmer days.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Took mine for a 60 mile rideto getus breakfast this AM. My wife wanted to go for a little ride so the weather being in the 50's and VERY sunny I said............. YYYEEEESSSSS! Let's GO!!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Longcolt wrote:
Took mine for a 60 mile rideto getus breakfast this AM. My wife wanted to go for a little ride so the weather being in the 50's and VERY sunny I said............. YYYEEEESSSSS! Let's GO!!
SHHHHH...Not so loud....:p

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Longcolt wrote:
Now that was just MEAN !!!!:whip:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Mean? Heck, I took mine out for a quick 100 miles today. :)

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

I keep my baby in the garage on a carpeted floor. For reall cold days I have a vent in the furnace that bloes warm air directly in her direction. Only trouble is that everytime I go into the garage I ehar voices. Wife says I am nuts but I keep hearing "ride me, ride me", hard to explain!!!!!!:cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I kept my old 1100 in our bedroom for awhile, but my wife made me stop.........

She said the bike made our bedsheets too greasy to get clean.........!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.