Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,883 Posts
imported post

Its good to hear it was simple after all . Enjoy the :action:ride now .

With a standard shifter ,if you slightly preload the shifter just before you pull the clutch it seems to shift smoother . What I mean is put enough pressure to engage the shifter wratchet but not force the shift until you pull the clutch. I suppose you can do this with the heel/toe as well .

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I have the same problem how many springs are in water pump/transmission cover?

looking at the Honda diagram there are 4? 20.SPRING, SHIFT RETURN 19.SPRING, SHIFT ARM24.SPRING, POSITIVE STOPPER 9.SPRING, DRUM STOPPER . are all of these easy to get to from the water pump/trans cover and what would be the sugestion for the 9 and 19 springs because you cant get them.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
imported post

I got lucky, mine turned out to be the bolt that holds the heel shifter was too tight and the spring wasn't strong enough to be able to work. It had loosened and I tighted it assumming there was a shoulder to keep it from getting too tight. After examing the bolt thru the bushing, the shoulder was not long enough, so I ground down the brash bushing so the sholder would catch and not get too tight.

After seeing your diagram of that area I'm damn glad I didn't have to tear into it.

Might check to see if the head shifter is loose enough on the pivot bolt.

Good luck !!!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
imported post

That's Heel shifter, not head shifter.

My tongue got in front of my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was typing.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Mike is correct#20 requires splitting the cases. Ive seen the little knob on item #15 hit the front cover on one someone changed out the waterpump. They used silicone instead of a cover gasket and it had a real bindy shift. A cover gasket took care of it and gave it the proper clearance. JB

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

:?ok well mine has no spring back and ive been in the waterpump/ trans cover more times than i can count at this piont could the cover be to tight? and if i change the little springs will it fix it?I can get them from www.cmsnl.comas well as the cloths pin looking one. REally dont want to go in there agian . doesnt seem like much choice

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

the cover could be too tight. how does it shift with the cover off. Is there spring back shifting it with the cover off. You might grind a little of the front of that nub on item 15 if there is springback with the cover off. EDITED one more thing is the clothespin one centered in the stud?JB

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.