Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Golden Anniversary Rider
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know of a reliable shipper to use for transporting a motorcycle from Arkansas to Maryland?

I did a search and the results were not that good/

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I have had haulbikes.com work for me about 25 or 30 times. They've done great except for one trip.

On one occasion the driver broke the windscreen, and modified the report to blame it on me.

I faxed my customer my copy of the report without the busted windscreen, as well as the library of photos, and that got me off the hook.

So, they're positive with me 95%+ of the time.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
I used heritage motorcycle shipping. Good report. They contract with Allied. $750 from Tulsa to Oregon.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Anyone here know of a reliable shipper to use for transporting a motorcycle from Arkansas to Maryland?

I did a search and the results were not that good/

Thanks
When you do ship, here's my recommendation:

1) Purchase a newspaper from that day. (*)
2) Take a camera with you to where the bike will be loaded.
3) Take a close up photo of the front page of the newspaper.
4) Do photos around the bike, with the newspaper in view in each shot.
5) After your photos "hand-off" the bike to the driver. After this point, don't TOUCH IT.
6) Even if you see it falling, refer to item 5. Grab your camera instead.
7) Take occasional photos during the loading process, up to the point that the truck leaves with the bike.

(*) the newspaper trick guarantees those that view the photos that the pictures were taken on or after the date of the paper, not before.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Craters and Freighters does a great job and insurance is cheap

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I do drive/ride away shipping if the bike is road worthy and ready to ride!

Really, it is popular with cars/trucks and I was a transport driver a few years and did some drive away deliveries with cars. CA. to MA. and others with cars.

Check your shipping costs, I could ride the bike there and find my way home for $450 or less with some notice.

Just an option if other methods are too costly as we are not that far apart, and I have interests in the N.E. also.

If you are not in an extreme rush let's talk PM's, we may work something out.

Where in Maryland is it going? I can leave my 95 in Fayetteville, AR till I return.

Is the buyer willing to travel to say Morgantown, WV to pick up or how far from there to deliver?

Just rough guess with no details I figure from Fayetteville, AR to Ocean city as furthest points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.