Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know what this might be? I have a 79 and I have heard that the air shocks from the 1980(?) - 1983 should fit, but what other models might fit and be a less expensive alternative to theProgressive models?

My Clymer also mentions SW shocks. Has anyone used these and are they still available?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I have SW shocks on my '78 however I have not seen them for years and so cannot speak to the availability. Unfortunately, shocks are like a lot of things where the cost does say someting about the quality. I have sen some air shocks for your year at JCWhitney, but it seems like that were in the $350 range.

personally, I would not purchase a used set on Ebay

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
I have SW shocks on my '78 however I have not seen them for years and so cannot speak to the availability. Unfortunately, shocks are like a lot of things where the cost does say someting about the quality. I have sen some air shocks for your year at JCWhitney, but it seems like that were in the $350 range.

personally, I would not purchase a used set on Ebay
I don't think I'd want to go for a used shock either. If you get on on eBay it's going to have a lot of miles on it and probably need new seals at best. If the shaft is scored it will leak no matter what. Likewise I wouldn't want to go with JCW since they are not all that much cheaper and of unknown quality. While Progressive doesn't give theirs away they are of good quality andhave good parts and tech support.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

The shocks off the gl1100 do make the gl1000 handle much better, but I'd go with the other lads here and try to avoid an unknown and possiblywell used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.