Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

ok, so here's a topic because i'm stuck at work and wishing i could ride. i am getting ready to buy new shock for my 1995 SE. as i was pricing them a thought just popped into my head. different from the usual voices. i am looking at the progressive 416's. then the thought is there another air shock that would be shorter than that one that would fit. :?:baffled::action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The 416s come in different lengths to fit different 'Wings. I don't think it would be a good idea to put shorter ones on though because that will limit the swingarm travel which could cause the suspension to bottom out.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Beachbuddy0263,

I put 416 shocks on my 99 1500Se and it makes a big different. I think they are 12.5".

Hickey

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

big difference how. i had them on my 1200 and loved them. my 1500 has one air shock and one with a spring so i am assuming it will be much better. right now i can put both feet firmly on the ground. no i mean when i'm stopped :action:.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

The handing is better and I can put more weight on the bike and not worry about bottoming out with 2 up.

Hickey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.