Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
scutter5151
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i needed an lr 600 rotor for my lehman trike,i called the closest dealership to me about a 2 1/2 hour drive and she said she would have to call lehman and get a price,she's calls back 5 minutes later and says the price is 260.00 and it will be 7 to 10 days before it comes in,i ask if the could ship it to my house and she said no,they would have to receive it and i would have to pick it up,i told her its a long drive for me,she said they would then ship it but it would be an additional cost probally 35.00 dollars more just guessing here.i called my local Honda dealership and they said to call niehaus cycle sales in illinois,they are a lehman dealership like the first lehman dealership i called,they said they had the part in stock and would ship it free,the cost from them was 199.00,so here's my dilemma, WOW is all i can,you would think that lehman would have there prices standardized to the point of dealership's only allowed to charge a standardized price, allot of your corporation's do this,its like GE elite stoves comes to mind,a fixed price is set to the public and its non negotiable,it amazes me that everyone wants there hand in the cookie jar,i'm ranting a little but it upsets me some,the prices for these trike parts are outrages IMHO.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
I don't know about Lehman dealers but most motorcycle dealers here take 20%+ off the suggested retail price.

Some just do it automatically, others only if you ask for their best price.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I guess I'm not getting something.

Midway through, your post says, ".....so here's my dilemma.....".

Reading that I thought you had a moral or ethical issue facing you, and you were wanting to make a decision. Perhaps like you've pre-paid the higher priced item, and you wanted to cancel the order.

Yet I read on and it just looks like a rant from someone having a difficult time learning that dealership prices are not always the best. No dilemma involved.

Did I miss something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.