Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone used a shop called Gary's Hobby Shop in Mc Donough, Georgia? They are listed on the GWRRA website. I need two tires mounted and balanced. Thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Hi 2onblue, if you are a member of GWRRA, you can also get your Gold book and call some members around where you live and ask them too. :) :waving: ;) Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Well, if I mapped the right cities, that's a 75 mile one way to have tires mounted. Have you tried to find some one in Macon? It's a lot closer to you if you live down there near Robins Air Force base.

Google search for shops in Macon.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=XXT&q=Macon%2C+Ga&as_q=motorcycles&btnG=Search%C2%A0within%C2%A0results
Bagmaster, thank you for your reply. I'm not being a smartass. Thank you for letting me know how far away Mc Doungh is from Warner Robins. How do you know that I would travel 75 miles one way just to have tires mounted? Maybe I work close by, maybe my parents live near there, maybe my girlfriend is up that way, maybe I've always wanted to go to Mc Doungh. Do you know anything about this shop or do just want to increase your post count. I have used dealers in my local area, MAYBE that is why I'm looking 75 miles away. Please reply. Also, I am a member of GWRRA and that's a great idea, I should call some other members to see what they have done. I am looking forward to hear from you. Thanks John

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Hard to beat that. :dude:

Anyway if you have any reason to be up near Woodstock, Ken;s Motorcycle Tires can't be beat. And it would be nice to say hi too.
Sometimes I'm down at WR for database upgrades and often on the GL in case you's like to have lunch or ride sometime.

Don't know shift about McDonough. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

You may be aware of the meet and greet scheduled this weekend in WR. Info is on the gl1800rider.com website. I may or may not be there, if my old tires will get me there.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

2onblue, that sure was a rude reply to Bagmaster. The guy was just trying to help you. He is one of the most helpful people on the forum.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

He may be a great guy, but I feel he was knocking on me for going 75 miles to mount two tires. I asked straight out about a shop, if he didn't know why answer. Can you ever forgive me? John

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

2onblue wrote:
You may be aware of the meet and greet scheduled this weekend in WR. Info is on the gl1800rider.com website. I may or may not be there, if my old tires will get me there.
I wasn't but thanks. I usually only get down there weekdays for business when I do go.
Was supposed to be there now and for the next two weeks but they canceled the session. I'll be down that way a lot, later this spring though.
Don't read the gl1800rider.com board due to being a 1500 guy but good to know it's there.
Hope you get the tire thing worked out.

I like the Michies real well on mine.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I don't frequent that site being a 1500 guy myself. It has been posted that everyone is invited. I found it one day while killing time. John

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
imported post

D-ROD IM WITH YOU. I THOUGHT IT WAS A LITTLE RUDE.WHEN HE TOOK TIME TO TRY AND FIND A CLOSER PLACE FOR HIM. I HOPE MY COUNT DONT GO UP FOR MY TWO CENTS WORTH!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Nice looking wing 2onblue!!! I don't know about the shop in Mcdonough, but theres a couple over this way in the Birmingham area if your up for a ride, even treat you to some Dreamland Ribs while their working on your bike!!!!!

Maybe one of our rides will take us close to your area this summer, at least we could say hi on the way through:waving:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
2onblue, that sure was a rude reply to Bagmaster. The guy was just trying to help you. He is one of the most helpful people on the forum.
self censorship... Welcome 2onblue!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, guys, no need to defend me. Ease up on the guy a little, maybe just a little. Doesn't bother me in the least about his reply. He'll learn his way around like the rest of us did when we were new.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

I'll ease up Bagmaster but there is no reason to knock someone when they go out of their way to try and help you. You have gone out of your way more than most in helping the people of this forum and never asking anything for yourself. But, on your say-so, welcome 2onblue.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, my thoughts on his original post is this. Being he's new to this forum, then maybe on a thought he was new to the area he lives in, I didn't know that or not. Riding 75 miles one way to have tires mounted is no big deal to me, I've ridden further just on a whim.

Now looking for a good shop takes time and sometimes distance. We all know finding a good shop can sometimes be a tiring experience, but sometimes you don't always find the good shops closer to you through word of mouth or even the paper, hence the Google search.

Yes, I try to be as helpful as I can but sometimes that's just not what some people want. They want specific information only and could care less what you post if it's not what they want or need. That's fine, I just don't care for the attitude that comes with it sometimes.:action::action::action:

Oh, and on a side note, where in heck did a new guy get all that Mana??? Redwing has some answering to do!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::shock::shock:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
all that Mama??? Redwing has some answering to do!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::shock::shock:
boy I'll say...

Did you mean MANA!?!?!?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

OOPs!!!! Fixed.:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.