Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The heat was almost unbearable today (97 Degrees F.), but we had to get out and ride.

First photo is of Lake Calhoun in downtown Minneapolis.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Then we stopped to get a view of the skyline

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

We stopped for a bottle of water and at Lake Harriet we watched the regatta.

Hope this helps you through the rainy days where ever you are.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice pics Tony, and for once I was able to view our Senior Ride Photographers pics without feeling green with envy!!! We have sunshine and around 90 degree temperatures at the moment.

Now I can't get my pictures moved from the computer to this site like you can, but if you close your eyes and picture the scene:

My bike looks almost identical to yours, no riders backrest, and she is pearl saphire black, but otherwise same layout.

Now erase the lake, and substitute it for a quaint English county pub, with a lovely shaded beer garden with the smell of honeysuckle drifting on the air. Just me and She who should be obeyed, sitting sipping our drinks and watching the world go bye.

Couple this together with a 30mile or so ride with amazingly little traffic and you have the virtual picture set!!

Some of the regatta entrants, must have owned Wings by the looks of the pic Tony, and must have decided to ride instead of sail!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Now I can't get my pictures moved from the computer to this site like you can, but if you close your eyes and picture the scene:

:goofygrin:

Pete
To get picture on the site like I do, you need to use an "FTP" ("Coffee Cup" is free) program to move the pictures from your hard drive to your internet site (Web page or photo hosting site)and then use the "Insert Image" icon to "Link" them to your post.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Silverfox wrote:

:goofygrin:

Pete
To get picture on the site like I do, you need to use an "FTP" ("Coffee Cup" is free) program to move the pictures from your hard drive to your internet site (Web page or photo hosting site)and then use the "Insert Image" icon to "Link" them to your post.
Thanks Tony, I will pass this info to my "Martian interpreteur" (my son) and see what he can do for me. My father is a wizard on the computer at 80 years old, but somehow, the abillity skipped a generation. I had another go this morning and I am really p****ed off, cuz all I managed to do was wipe every shot, including our recent holiday in Spain!!:whip:

Pete

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Bummer about losing the photos.

I always save my photos and put copies in another file to edit and send to the internet.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Bummer about losing the photos.

I always save my photos and put copies in another file to edit and send to the internet.
I normally save them first too, but this time I had a "senior moment" and pressed a few buttons and bang, there they went, never to be seen again. Only solution, go on holiday again!!!:goofygrin:I was particularly popular with Helen, so I think I will hand over the photography and computer to her!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

sweet pictures tony:waving: I didn't realize there was a lake up in Minn:shock::p

My wife and I took our bikes out this morning to before the heat and humidity kicked in HERE is a pic the boss took of me:dude: As you can see I am missing my passenger arm rest but don't have the $$ to replace them yet... One thing at a time:cool:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Digby, nice bike, nice location, but never mind the lack of armrests, blue shades with a red bike, now you'll have to do something about that!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Digby, nice bike, nice location, but never mind the lack of armrests, blue shades with a red bike, now you'll have to do something about that!!:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

Thanx Silver:waving: Those shades are blue front with red arms...They are Dale Jarrett QC car design..:grinner:

The arm rest really aren't that big of a deal since the boss has her own bike and the only one on the back is the lil digger (he is 9) so he wraps his arms around me:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Nice lookin' bike...I agree 1 thing at a time.

I've got my list.

1) New Headset

2) New seat (really thinking Road Sofa)

3) Driver Floorboards.

4) Replace driving light

5) And so on.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
Nice lookin' bike...I agree 1 thing at a time.

I've got my list.

1) New Headset

2) New seat (really thinking Road Sofa)

3) Driver Floorboards.

4) Replace driving light

5) And so on.
Tony, thats 5 things to give you an excuse to go riding 5 times and post 5 lots of lovely pictures, (as if you need an excuse!):goofygrin:

I think I might have cracked the photo thing, not to import them, but at least I have set up a web site where folks can look at them. Will give it a test when I get in from work tonight.

Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.