Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just wondering, since I'm going to be in Brazil for 60 days at a time, what would be some good advice on leaving the Aspy for thatperiodof time? I thought about just having my daughter start it up once a week or so and let itrun for about 10 minutes.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Mark,

You don't have to worry about extremely cold weather so all I would do is put it up on the center stand, turn off the fuel and run the carbs empty on your 1200. Clean it up nice. Attach a battery tender and cover the bike. Its not like you were going to let it set over the entire winter so you should not need to add fuel stabilizer unless you want to. This is all assuming it is in a garage.

Henry

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks....she'll be sitting out on the front porch...garage is full of stinkin cats. But yeah, don't really have to worry about the cold weather down here. But she'll be under cover for sure.

·
Just one of the guys
4,800 Posts
imported post

For 60 days I would give her a dose of Seafoam, it is a cleaner and a stabilizer for fuel. Gasoline starts to go bad Pretty quickly and the cost of stabilizing the fuel is pretty small. Down there the temps might fluctuate pretty good so I would also suggest making sure the gas tank is full to help prevent condensation from forming.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,821 Posts
imported post

if you store it in the garage, there won't be any mice to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
if you store it in the garage, there won't be any mice to worry about.
:ROFL::ROFL:

What I need is a hungry Pit Bull for about 15 minutes.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Actually, I'd pull the battery to keep someone from starting it...

...and chain it up.

I'm a security-freak though. :smiler:

A couple of months ain't no big deal. But yeah, I'd run the carbs dry, shut the fuel off with a full tank of stabilized fuel, thenpull the plugs and fog the cylinders "just in case". Leave the plugs out but put the boots with the covers back in place. You never know what could happen during the two-month layover that could turntime into something longer than expected...

And give the keys to Momma

:waving:

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

That's easy. Ride it out to my place and fly to Brazil from here. That way your scooter will be well taken care of, and you get a nice ride out of it. I promise to keep the fuel system well flushed out... I'll cycle 15-20 gallons of fresh fuel a week through it. We don't want those carbs gumming up...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I just wouldn't go...... Stay home and ride her........Problem solved!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Guess that means I can forward all my bills your way?

:ROFL:;)

azdesertdad wrote:
That's easy. Ride it out to my place and fly to Brazil from here. That way your scooter will be well taken care of, and you get a nice ride out of it. I promise to keep the fuel system well flushed out... I'll cycle 15-20 gallons of fresh fuel a week through it. We don't want those carbs gumming up...
Not a bad idea...always wanted to see that part of the country.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

Well....... :byebye::byebye:

We're gonna miss ya.......

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Xtracho wrote:
jobe05 wrote:

Well....... :byebye::byebye:

We're gonna miss ya.......
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Actually going to Brazil for short stints like that and still have the ability to come home for a time would be pretty exciting. Good luck down there and be safe, not that Brazil is a bad place but to me anyplace other than home (USA) these days is questionable, but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Actually going to Brazil for short stints like that and still have the ability to come home for a time would be pretty exciting. Good luck down there and be safe, not that Brazil is a bad place but to me anyplace other than home (USA) these days is questionable, but thats just me.
60 days on...30 days off...not a bad hitch really. And I agree, the good old USA is always home. Was in Rio last year for 5 days. Beautiful place, wonderful people. Just like any other big city, get off into the wrong part of town and you find yourself in trouble. I'll be anchored in the bay most of the time except to take on fuel, water, cargo, groceries, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.